Happy Freaking Thanksgiving U Bastards....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sorry if I insulted someone, I didn't mean it this way, really.

I was just trying to point out onna fact that Indian culture was almost vanished because of colonization. Not only in the US but also in South America.

I just saw many films (Winnetou) from Karl May about Indians and read an article about what happened in the US during the 60-70 (AIM - American Indidan Movement).

And I thought the Thanksgiving Day is connected with Indians... Or it isn't?

And as to the Czecho...... they never did a conquery war, only self defensive.........

Please accept my apologizes if I have hit anyone with my words.

Pisis

The first thanksgiving was celebrated together with Native Americans. However Thanksgiving is a holiday to be greatful for the good in your life and the things that you have been given in life. It is not a day to ruin with comments about negative things.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
...Thanksgiving is a holiday to be greatful for the good in your life and the things that you have been given in life. It is not a day to ruin with comments about negative things.
It's the same thing in Canada, even though we celebrate it in early October instead of late November. I don't think natives ever really played a big part in Thanksgiving here though. Not that I recall anyway.

Well, I think it's mostly an English holiday... It's not really celebrated in my region.

Anyway, Happy (late) Thanksgiving.

Maestro said:
Well, I think it's mostly an English holiday... It's not really celebrated in my region.
I think you're right. Not too many French-Canadians celebrate it. I personally know one guy who does, but he's from Nova Scotia not Québec.

Yea, I know it was celebrated with natives and colonizators...... Some English captain and an Indian chief. But don't remember where.

Here it is not celebrated, of course. Also I didn't noticed any references about it here.

too many stuffy inlaws and their kids........glad I'm back home.

I despise Turkey and pumpkin pie anyway. I'd take Hot German potato salad mit Wurst in a flash any day with a nice glas of Weiß Wein

Erich said:
I'd take Hot German potato salad mit Wurst in a flash any day with a nice glas of Weiß Wein

I just ate that actually. Some good Rot Wurst and some good pototo salad at the Weinachtsmarkt in the town where I live. I love this time of the year. I did not drink a Weiss Wein but rather a Gluehwein.

Been a busy gal and also no time to read whole thing ....... BUT.... though late ...... I wanted to say Happy 'Thanks giving' Les and folks stateside.

what is ya most thankful for?
after being in china.....im thankful for a flushing toilet that I dont have to squat over ( especially with my bowels.... and just having have a rum and orange and a bag of nuts).

ah Gluhwein I still have some in the fridge from last year Adler, yes freezing rain right now so time to heat some up with my babe'

Say Crippen when do we get a look see at some of your pics of China and you on the great wall doing some climbing ?

hey I am just thankful to be alive and able to get out of bed every morn. Dang that sounds OLD !

Users who are viewing this thread