Hartmann's Bf 109s

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

' Bf 109G-6 "yellow 1 with small red 2 inside '

The small red '2' inside the yellow '1' (along with the Heart his girlfriends name) suggests that it could have been his backup a/c.

These photos known and they are from the book of Ursula Hartmann
Amazon.com: German Fighter Ace Erich Hartmann: The Life Story of the Worlds Highest Scoring Ace (9780887403965): Manfred Jäger, Ursula Hartmann: Books
But personally, I doubt. For number "20" is too little space in front of the cross. Photo taken 2 days before Hartmann shot down and he was taken prisoner.

Attachments

• !!!.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 530
  • !!!a.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 507
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wonder if the "low vis" markings are rather just unfinished?

As I wrote on LEMB board my photos are very bad with colours very different from the originals; however even if the original photos are very small (approx 9x6 cm) they are very detailed and I remember the white border on the tulips.
I am in contact with the seller in the hope of being able to buy only these two photos and not the whole album (too expensive), hoping he will accept my offer.
Flavio

Hi,
I searched this booklet

there are several pictures on Bubi Hartmann, most already shown in this thread, except this one:

that was taken on August 24, 1944 when he landed after achieving his 301th kill.

Still on the same booklet these profiles on K4

and this nice post-war photo

Cheers
Alberto

Interesting idea that the Hartmann photo is a fake. That image,or a version of it, has been around for a while and noone has called it before. I doubt it but you never know. No other photos from that 'shoot' have ever surfaced as far as I know.
Steve

Last edited:
Nice Alberto. I don't think the "Schwarz 4 - Red Tulip" was Hartman's although it looks like the same JG. I remember seeing this in a book of mine, will have to search through to see who it belonged to.

Nice Alberto. I don't think the "Schwarz 4 - Red Tulip" was Hartman's although it looks like the same JG. I remember seeing this in a book of mine, will have to search through to see who it belonged to.
That machine was with JG 50 I believe. It surrendered at Deutsch Brod along with JG 52 machines and a few other JG units. I can compile a list of which units if need be.

Last edited:
That machine was with JG 50 I believe. It surrendered at Deutsch Brod along with JG 52 machines and a few other JG units. I can compile a list of which units if need be.
JG50 Disbanded in late 10.43, absorbed by I./JG301.
Jagdgeschwader 50

You may be right. Hermann Graf?
(С) Ales Janda, Tomas Poruba "Messerschmitt Bf 109s of JG 52 in Deutsch Brod"
JaPo publishing - Products – Forthcoming titles

Last edited:
No, I think the red tulip was more Graf's plane emblem than a JG emblem - like Hartmann's black tulip.....

Think I may start a Graf thread!

Attachments

• 2d0cb6f.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 109G-6graf2025-1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 580

Users who are viewing this thread