Has Airfix lost it?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If it is allowable, without any legal or other potentially 'dangerous' effects, then, given it's OK with the mods/admin, perhaps it would be a good thing.

Gents, there is nothing wrong with you expressing your opinions about Airfix. What you can't do is make claims that these same opinions are formal positions of the Forum owner and adminstrator. Nothing can prevent you from referencing the Forum. It is a public forum which serves for open discussion of issues of import to its members.

Thanks Airframes for your welcome too! Seems like a friendly place here - I dig it. I think we should send a general letter/email of mutual concern to Hornby, especially now the mods have given us the ok. I agree too, that Humbrol paint quality has degraded. It's horrible and sloppy now and the matt black (33) is just black coloured water for all the coverage you get from it...

Hi Andy! I've had problems with matt black, worse with satin black. Also, REAL major problems with at least 3 different greens, and matt white and satin white. At best, after at least TEN MINUTES of strirring, I've been able to just about use them for brushing, but not for airbrushing. ALL of these paints have 'gone off' within 3 to 4 weeks of being opened. I have some Humbrol paints that are at least 20 years old, which have been opened and used, but are still as good as new. BTW, the latter are some of the colours only used now and then, hence their age!
Terry.

I used Humbrol as well 20+ years ago. If I'd used today I'm sure that I'd be just as annoyed/disappointed with the quality of the paint. :(

Shame they din't slap some 'paint' on

Impressive none the less although unless I win lotto I won't be buying one

Thanks for sharing Jan:thumbleft:

Thanks Jan! Looks extremely interesting, and as good as I thought it might be. But, after that massive price hike, I doubt I can justify the cost. Shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back