Hawk 75 in BoB colours.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking at the picture of the P9386 I would say the spinner was of the white or Sky rather than of the yellow. Also I'm not sure there are two colours used for the code letters. Please, check below.

Spitfire_Mk_IA_P9368_QV-K_of_No_19_Squadron.jpg

THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN 1940

I am learning quite a bit about fighter underside colours doing this little paint job. I didn't realise that underside roundels were not applied to aircraft between painting with Sky type S on 11th June and 11th August.

As I have picked the 1st August as my date I dodged a session of swearing as I removed decals.

I have painted the rear vision sections behind the pilots head in interior green as can be seen in the top of the four photos I posted above. I think it looks too pale does anyone know if that's the correct colour before I fix the glazing in place.

That panel was usually painted in the camo colours before the glass was fitted. At least that's the case on most P-40's

I have spent a while on Google and it looks like most of the P36 Mohawks had a pale colour under the glazing. Some of the Mohawks had it painted in a darker colour but it seems to be about 3 pale to 1 dark in the pictures I have looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back