Hawk 75 in BoB colours.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am learning quite a bit about fighter underside colours doing this little paint job. I didn't realise that underside roundels were not applied to aircraft between painting with Sky type S on 11th June and 11th August.

As I have picked the 1st August as my date I dodged a session of swearing as I removed decals.

I have painted the rear vision sections behind the pilots head in interior green as can be seen in the top of the four photos I posted above. I think it looks too pale does anyone know if that's the correct colour before I fix the glazing in place.

That panel was usually painted in the camo colours before the glass was fitted. At least that's the case on most P-40's

I have spent a while on Google and it looks like most of the P36 Mohawks had a pale colour under the glazing. Some of the Mohawks had it painted in a darker colour but it seems to be about 3 pale to 1 dark in the pictures I have looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread