Hi Joe,
Since you left me without an answer here, I'll simply consider what you wrote
here an answer.
Quoting your post on "Hurricane and Spit V v Zero combats":
"And if they had met more, and the Seafire had done well, 'tactics' (except by distorting that word to mean 'all human factors') wouldn't necessarily have been the main difference v the Darwin debacle. Umpteenthly, those Spit units claimed to have adjusted their tactics and done better, it's just that Japanese accounts don't support that version of events very well (again, Allied accounts don't support the claims of the Zeroes well either, we're counting by recorded losses)."
"Distorting that word to mean 'all human factors'" ... that's obviously a direct answer to
my last reply to you, which you failed to answer in this thread.
Allow me to remind you that I have quoted my definition of tactics from Merriam-Webster, and as far as I can tell, Merriam-Webster's reputation is not one for distorting the English language. Additionally, allow my to point out that you have not posted a contradicting definition.
I pointed out my source, I quoted the definition, I even offered you the phrase "employment of forces on the battlefield" as alternative formulation in case you don't like "tactics" to be used in the sense suggested by Webster's.
The you go on with "all human factors". Well, if you look at my post above, you'll find that I have listed three basic categories:
1) Technology
2) "Human material"
3) Tactics.
I did not include "all human factors" in "tactics" but in fact specifically excluded some. I also made it clear that I'm not religious about these categories if you could provide good arguments why something should be in a different category.
My point on tactics has at least partially been followed by Koolkitty, Slaterat, Basket and Claidemore (I hope I read you correctly, guys!), while as far as I can see, your "intangible performance factors" theory (post #126 of this thread) has not found much support.
Well, and your reply? "Distorting that word [tactics] to mean 'all human factors'".
It's pretty obvious that I'm not distorting anything (my definition is from Merriam-Webster - as far as I can tell, yours is a product of your own imagination), and that I have clearly not used "tactics" to describe "all human factors".
So why do you pretend I did? That's an unfair move, and as its a rather accurately aimed "inaccuracy" in representing my words, no-one is going to convince that you merely screwed up accidentally.
Joe, I've been much nicer to you than you deserve, and this latest little backstabbing attempt of yours shows me that you are not appreciating that as you should.
So you either come up with a decent response to my post #195 in this thread in the next couple of days, or I'll put you on my ignore list.
As a hint, I have since that post #195 contributed some information here that you could use to strengthen your position. You're welcome to use it for that purpose.
Kind regards,
Henning (HoHun)