Hawker Seafury

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks steve thats a great help ZC it is your dad and the FAA are good enough for me.As this is an korean war fury.BB

Yep. The 'factory' finish for the wheel bays, and the insides of the gear covers, was 'Aluminium', a silver paint, but this was given a coat of ZC as protection against corrosion at sea. The wing folds, AFAIK, remained 'silver', as did (possibly) the gear doors.

Thanks terry that a great help now i can get on with the u/c iv,e already sanded the doors down to a more thinner scale look because they were far to thick and looked like barn doors.BB:lol:

Phoned my brother and got him to check the model made by dad. Inner gear doors are "silver" i.e.aluminium. Can't check wingfold as it is modelled with wings unfolded!
Steve

I think i will stick with z/c as i have looked on a few other sites and other modellers have done there,s that colour.BB

I'd go with the silver for the doors BB. The bay was given a coat of ZC as previously mentioned, but the doors remained 'aluminium' painted, as seen ai all pics of the Sea Fury.

Here is an pic of the under carriage bay with added pipes and zinc chromate coat .I still have to paint some of the pipes but i think its coming on .The only detail you get in the kit is the bay ribs.BB
undercarriage bay.jpg

Thanks Wayne there,s been a bit of a lull in the proceadings as i have had to do that horrid thing called work .But i will post some more pics when i have finished my shifts.BB

Ok here are some more pics of the fury she,s now on her undercarriage and i have now done some of the pannelling on the top of the aircraft .The close up of the cockpit area is to show just how good the kits decals are.BB
sea1.jpg

sea2.jpg

sea3.jpg

sea4.jpg
ps .i still have to do the underwing stripes and fit the rockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back