Hawker Typhoon IB "Nicky" 439 Squadron RCAF 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope it clear up soon mate. I'm slowly recovering (I hope!) from a similar thing - some sort of kidney or intestinal infection, which has floored me for the last three days. Not pleasant, so I share your discomfort !

Terry,

I am sorry to hear you have been hit as well. I hope you get well soon there my friend. These kinds of stomach/kidney ailments can really be debilitating. The nausea, tiredness, aches and pains are some of worst feelings one can have.
Careful with the kidney's though. Make sure you get something for them.

Dave.

Thanks guys. Looks like it might be shingles - started out in a horrible rash around my midriff and side of torso late this afternoon, and the skin is hot and painful. Going to ask for an emergency appointment at the Doc's tomorrow, so should get some antibiotics or something to help.
You an only get these appointments if you phone at 08.00 or 14.00 on the same day - phoning the day before is not allowed - must be cheating or something. I know, cos I phoned today, after 14.00 hrs, but that obviously didn't count. So I told the receptionist that I'd phone at 08.00 tomorrow, IF I hadn't died by then, and IF I could get through, before they decided it was too late for an appointment!
Bl**dy petty, stupid ****ing arrangement! Answer the ****ing phone, and let me get well.
I am NOT missing the Duxford D-Day air show this coming weekend !!

Terry,

Wow. That's terrible news. It does sound like shingles. I am on anti shingle medication ( because of my previous medical condition) but my Mom has had it, my sister and my mother-in-law and it can be quite painful and uncomfortable from what I have been told. Hope you get treatment quickly and it is fairly manageable for you.

Thanks guys. Been to the Doc's, and it is shingles. But got some cream, anti-viral meds and strong pain killers, which will also help me sleep, so things should start to improve from here.

Thanks Cory. It's more inconvenient than anything else, as it's slowing me down, whist preparing for the Duxford D-Day air show this weekend. Not good starting out tired through lack of sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back