Hello chaps... its me again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm on facebook under 'John Read'. the icon is me clinging to the underside of the world...
If anyone would like to keep in touch please send a friends request.
Ta

Yea the US is getting zapped. Texas is not that far from here and neither is Georgia/Mississippi/Alabama and we did see some remnants of both hurricanes but nothing other than a bit of rain while parts of Texas saw 1.3 meters of rain. California has always been prone to those fires with all the creosote brush and drying winds. Then people move into those areas building houses. Around here it's housing built in natural river flood plains. So spring floods are not that uncommon. Along the rivers houses are often built on stilts.
Now cloudy, rain, fog, cool and repeat.....is not weather

That's right Mike. But we have to endure living next to the French

Yep, Britain doesn't have a climate - only weather !!

Winter = rain is cold.
Spring = rain is slightly warmer.
Summer = rain is warmer.
Autumn = rain is cooler and heavier.

Forecast - it'll rain or get dark before morning ...................

Yes, but if you Englishmen do insist to play Cricket on Sundays afternoons you will certainly get some rain.
I did try to convince my fellow countrymen to play Cricket as the surest metod to get some rain, but at no avail, they did not believe me.

Last edited:
Yes, but if you Englishmen do insist to play Cricket on Sundays afternoons you will certainly get some rain.
I did try to convince my fellow countrymen to play Cricket as the surest metod to get some rain, but at no avail, they did not believe me.
A cricket test match lasts five days, starting at 11 AM and finishing at 6.30PM. Only a complete idiot would invent and play such a game in England. No surprise that countries that actually have sunshine are better than us.

Are you kidding? The only time Cricket has ever made sense to me was when it was rained out! :evil4:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

Not simple enough! Any game that complicated would never fly here in the States, especially one so drawn out and dependent on delayed gratification. We don't do delayed gratification.
Cheers,
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back