Hello chaps... its me again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yup, biologically if you make it to the point of being able to reproduce and do so, you're now surplus and a drain on resources. The real big challenge, IMHO, will be another global pandemic such as the 1918 H1N1 avian flu that killed 50 - 100 million mostly from the younger age groups. The 1918 was unusual in many respects but lack of vaccines and antibiotics (to treat secondary bacterial pneumonia) were two major ones that contributed to the high death toll. Another unusual aspect of the H1N1s is their targeting of the younger age groups 40 - 20.
With these improvements the 1957 H2N2 (Asian Flu) killed 4 million and the 1968 H3N2 (Hong Kong Flu) also 4 million. When a new H1N1/09 virus appeared in 2009 (Swine Flu) a triple-hybrid (Bird/Swine/Human) medical advancement saw only about 1.8 million deaths.
Consider the rise of bacterial infections due to antibiotic-resistant strains that are emerging and thus fewer and fewer effective antibiotics and we're getting closer to that 1918 state. We have vaccines but in order to have enough available science has to GUESS at what strains to include in the vaccine formulation making them roughly 56% effective

Yep, frightened isn't it for those with little on no immune system (like me)

Not so bad :) Girls are great, thus I'm also.
We're driving the working season (7 months, 7 days a week, sometimes two shifts a day) to the end, plus bought a house in roh-bau condition short time ago.
Yourself?

Glad to hear you're doing well Tomo.
I had to goggle 'Rog-bau' I must admit. Looks like you've got your work cut out with that project but you can make it your own and that's a good thing.

The young Reads have all flown the best and settled in and around London. I've finally retired ,sold up and am trying to learn the art of relaxing and getting my head around not going to work.

Take care mate

capodanno-sardegna-2017-680x377.jpg

Happy 2018 from sunny Sardinia!

Get well soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back