Hello everyone. New member here. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aquarian, I am also of the sun sign Aquarius and DerAlderistGelandet is German for The Eagle has Landed. There were many "Diggers" in Vietnam and I was very proud and honored to have served with them. They were among the toughest troops in country. Cost me a 1/5 of Jack Daniels but my best souvenir is my Aussie hat with the 1/2 raised brim
China Beach, New Zeland Medical 2. Aussie Nurse

Attachments

• aussieweretherechinabRS.jpg
    aussieweretherechinabRS.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
  • chinabeachnurseRS.jpg
    chinabeachnurseRS.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
N4521U, thank you for your welcome. Are you an Australian living in the US, or visa versa?

Mike thanks for the photos! As it happens I have been dealing with lovely Australian nurses recently. My father, who is a veteran of the Pacific war, fell down a flight of stairs and did some damage last week. (fractured spine) They have all been kindness and patience personified.
Many thanks to all the staff at the Royal Prince Alfred hospital, Camperdown NSW.

Last edited:
A4K, I live in Newtown. With all the other "artsie" people. For better or worse I am connected to the arts community through blood and wine.
Thank you for your kind greeting.

Wayne has already shown me much generosity and kindness. Many thanks Wayne.
Cheers. Allen.

Hi Allen and welcome to the family

Hello Geedee.
There is no other way to state my impression of my introduction to you a few weeks ago, other to confirm what I witnessed was true artistry. Sir, you have my utmost respect, both as craftman and artist.
In fact it has been in my mind to perform a percussion piece orchestrated around your work. Unsure when next I will visit the UK. If I do I would like to call upon you to organise something. There is an entire world of percussion in that magnificent cockpit of yours.
Sadly I am at this time retired from touring.

Sir, with respect. Allen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back