Hello from a fellow enthusiast! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MikeGazdik

Senior Airman
Dec 13, 2008
Ohio
Hello. Im not a pilot, just a wanna-be. I have been into WWII aviation for 25 to 30 years. A now deceased grandfather of mine was a waist gunner on a B-17. (351st Bomb group, 8th AF ) When I was about 12 years old, I found an old book of his, "Flying Forts", by Martin Caidin. Have not stopped reading or learning since that time. Im now 41.

I have spent a stupid amount of time and money reading, buying books, watching films, airshows, anything I can find. I have never been able to afford getting a private pilots license, but I ain't dead yet... someday maybe.

My true love is the fighters. I love them all. I have some "favorites", but I try to be objective when discussing thier merits. Look forward to some engaging convo on the subjects and looking forward to learning more.

You are very correct. Fackov, Slovakia is where I have traced the name. My name is not spelled exactly like that right now, it was changed over time. Someday I do wish to have it corrected. Someday, likely once I retire, I will be coming your way. I really want to see the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I was in Germany while in the Military years ago. I love Europe.

Are there many museums showing the histories of the countries, and also thier involvement in WWII ?

You are very correct. Fackov, Slovakia is where I have traced the name. My name is not spelled exactly like that right now, it was changed over time. Someday I do wish to have it corrected. Someday, likely once I retire, I will be coming your way. I really want to see the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I was in Germany while in the Military years ago. I love Europe.

Are there many museums showing the histories of the countries, and also thier involvement in WWII ?

2 of the museums you should see. One of them in my born town (Slavicin), amother one 3 miles away (Sanov). Both of them and also the town where I live today (Zlin) are on Czech/Slovak boarder...
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/august-29-1944-museum-slavicin-czech-republic-9884.html
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/august-29-1944-museum-sanov-czech-republic-9882.html
Later I´ll post few more links on another museums...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back