Hello from Northern California

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

welcome!

I just registered and already can tell this is a good group.

Welcome from true Northern California...no beaches, over-crowded cities or Hollywood BS here...just mountains, lakes and rivers with small towns here there.

boy, you aren't kidding GrauGeist! I grew up in SoCal, and then got stuck stationed there for most of my time! One of the reasons I now live out in the boonies of N. Arizona. Before that I thought about moving to the Eureka area... it sure is pretty up there

Hardly mon ami, we have quite a stretch of oggin between gods chosen city,Plymouth and la belle France... well, Brittany anyway.

We always say to people who complain about Plymouth 'get on a Megabus to Leeds / Bradford and you'll be praying to come home' :)
Oh, I agree old boy, but you see, we up here also have the advantage of a further 250 miles of terra firma, before reaching the oggin - or Plymouth, thankfully - which also has the advantage of removing us from those tiresome, brash hooligans across to the east from you.
I will admit though, the the bus journey you mention is rather gloomy - I prefer the Cheshire plain and the Peaks, or, if I returned to my roots, the wilds of the North East coast line.

Eureka would be a good place to live. I have good friends who live in Mendocino. I lived in Anderson for a short time, as well as the peach country of Yuba City. Stationed in San Diego during my time in the Navy and used to hitch hike to Phoenix. Summertime thru El Centro, minight 110F!!!!!! Friggin hot! I lived in BerZerkeley during the late 60's.

Do you live in the high country of AZ?

I do, about half-way up the colorado plateau thereabouts. I'm pretty much exactly half-way from Kingman, Wikieup, and Seligman... closest things to me are 93 and the 40 and the Hualapai mountains are in my back yard basically. It's nice, keeps me out of those evil 110+ temperatures! It's already in the upper 60's now during the day, and dropping to deep low 40s at night.

I was stationed mostly in SD as well. Did some TAD and training on the east coast but most of my unit duty was out here. I know all about those areas you're talking about. :D My lady used to go up to Yuba once a year with her family before she moved out here for school. She grew up in San Jose, near Alum Rock Park.

Last edited:
San Jose, I lived and worked in Fremont for a while. Lived in San Leandro when I left the states to live here. Loved the Bart train. Went to Sutter High School.

Show us what you're building!

welcome!

I just registered and already can tell this is a good group.

boy, you aren't kidding GrauGeist! I grew up in SoCal, and then got stuck stationed there for most of my time! One of the reasons I now live out in the boonies of N. Arizona. Before that I thought about moving to the Eureka area... it sure is pretty up there

I grew up in SoCal (Azusa, Covina and Brea) and lived in San Diego in the late 60's. I went back there (Hemet) after I retired (after the First Gulf War) but left as fast as I could.

SoCal was a great place to grow up in the 50/60's but is not now the same place. Wall to wall people and everyone of them thinks they can tell you what to do.

I went to AK them to where I am now in TX and I will not move again, I hate the idea of going back to SoCal just to see my son and his family!

Well, sounds like a lot of folks from up North here...so does that make us Notherenes? Happy, happy, happy!! :lol:

Also, looks like couple of you boys been in my back yard...Yuba/Sutter area. I'm just out side of Beale AFB watching those black jets flying around. 8) Well, y'all have a Merry Christmas hear ;)

Mike

Thank you Aaron. As for the black jets...I ment, black U-2 and T-38. Only time I see U-2 is when its trying to climb and T-38 are just lound humming birds or at least they seem that way from time to time. Loud enough burner noise get your attention but small size to make it a game to find before gone bye-bye :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back