Hello, I'm Provie.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blacklist

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2015
Florida
Hello, I'm Provie. New just today, maybe yesterday?

I was stealing John's Mig-3 photos from his great build, yes I know, I'm just a thief, I'm guilty.

I decided to come clean with John and turn myself in. John was great, he had no issues with the theft AND suggested I do a build.

Here's the link to John's Mig-3 build. Absolutely worth the look!

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/-2...ck-12-allied-manufactured-aircraft-42858.html

This is actually my third attempt in getting this post up with a photo.

My photos are large. What is the required photo size? DPI's?

Anyway, here's the scheme I decided to duplicate, or come close.

John, are you sitting down? My Mig-3 model is 1/8 semi-scale, made of balsa and designed to fly. Designed and scratch built by me, so, good, bad or indifferent, I'm the blame.

Yes, I looked at every scheme, and then some. This is the scheme I choose. Here's one photo of the scratch built cockpit.

Attachments

• 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN7649small.jpg
    DSCN7649small.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome from England. That's beautiful work on the model so far, and I look forward to seeing the finished version.
BTW, best size for photos for the forum is 800 x 600 pxl.

Well, I'm getting the hang of it but still making photo upload mistakes.

I guess I'll move the Build over to WWII Warbirds. My guess is that's where it belongs.

I'll try to get a few more photos up.

Oh! I almost forgot.

The reason I'm here is to learn some paint and detail methods, not to show off my model.

I see some really outstanding craftsmanship on models in the Forum and with a bit of luck and possibly some help from the many talented model builders, I can pull this scheme off and with plenty of detail.

Provie

Welocome to the site. A nice work so far on the MiG-3 model.

Airframes,

Thanks for the reply!

The wife and I did England a few years ago. I ran a 1965 Morgan +4 for ofer 30 years. The absolute truth. I restored British sports cars, that's how I acquired it.

Thanks again for the reply.

Provie

Gnomey and Wildcat,

Yes, I appreciate it, thanks for the welcome.

Provie

Guys, thanks for the replies.

I'm not Provie any longer, I'm now "Blacklist." I know, long story, the short story is I had to reregister.

Yes, I'm here for advice, absolutely. This will be the first time I'm doing surface detail on a Mig-3 semi-scale model.

I don't want to make costly mistakes. Couple of interesting things. All my detailing will be raised. All rivets will be attached. I can "pen" mild panel lines afterwards, maybe?

The wife and I watch The Voice, so I gotta go. But I will post a few questions about paint methods and applications.

Here's the scheme again. Plus a few more photos bringing me up to date.

Blacklist

2_2.jpg

a.jpg
DSCN8892.jpg
a.jpg
b.jpg
d.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum pal! That's an astonishingly well done MiG! Kinda reminds me of A Russian Reno Racer with those refined ( I guess that's a fitting word?) lines.

Welcome to the Forum pal! That's an astonishingly well done MiG! Kinda reminds me of A Russian Reno Racer with those refined ( I guess that's a fitting word?) lines.

CommanderBounds,

Thanks for the reply. I do wish the model was true scale, it wasn't originally designed to be a Mig-3.

Gotta work with what you got! When I decided on the Mig-3 detail, I researched the aircraft on line.

The cockpit ain't to far off considering it's made of my life's leftovers and the fuselage will pass as long as you don't look for any great length of time.

I have to reduce photos in size to post them. See what I can do.

I'll add photos to the Build Thread.

Blacklist, AKA Provie

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the welcome.

Please visit my "1/8 Mig-3 But not really" Build Thread.

Tried to Post a few photos at Noon my time but couldn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back