Hello

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

broke91hatch

Airman
Mar 13, 2008
Kansas
My name is Matt
Im 25 and live in Kansas City, KS. I love military aircraft and everything about them. I have been in a WW2 mood for awhile now, just found this site while googling historic WW2 wrecks. My grandpa also was part of the ground crew for the AVG in China for awhile. I hope to learn alot while being on here.

My name is Matt
Im 25 and live in Kansas City, KS. I love military aircraft and everything about them. I have been in a WW2 mood for awhile now, just found this site while googling historic WW2 wrecks. My grandpa also was part of the ground crew for the AVG in China for awhile. I hope to learn alot while being on here.
If your AVG related i would aim for the Airshow in Geneseo NY where this year the emphasis will be on AVG so far they have 10 P40's coming in with more on line

I wish I could but the funds won't allow it. I will have to stick with the CAF Heart of America wing expo and the Kansas City Aviation Expo. Thanks for the heads up though.

G'day Matt and welcome to heaven of the site. A time to dwell on our mutal passion Aeroplanes and Aircraft of all types. Ah such things dreams are made of

Welcome Matt! Did your grandfather tell you any stories of his days with the AVG? You rarely hear about the ground crews or Navy deck crews.

A couple, I really need to ask him some more. He said he and a bunch of people were washing up in a creek or something. He said a couple of US planes decided to do a mock strafing run to mess with them, but they left their guns armed by accident. He said nobody was hit and he has one of the shell casings that he picked up and made into a lighter. He also said that one time they offered each guy a single scoop of ice cream if they would walk to the creek/river to wash up and he said screw that, Im not walking a mile and a half for a coop of ice cream.

Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. I will ask him about some more when I see him this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back