Hello!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dubar1

Recruit
Jun 28, 2008
Hey folks,
I mainly collect 1/6 Dragon figures and lately I've gotten the bug to collect only air force figures.

Way back in the 70s I did some RC flying and have always been interested in warbird modeling. I still have a 1/6 Fokker DVIII.

My dad was in the USAF during WW2 and I grew up on a diet of stories about his part of the war. My mom was Welsh and a nurse and survived the bombing of Coventry.

Dubar is my "handle" on a variety of online forums so I chose to use it here too.

Hope to peruse thru the posts in the next few days and I may chime in from time to time.

I'll be picking up a 1/48 TA-152 soon at the Dragon DX08 show in Virginia Beach in August which will be my first WW2 model in a long time (I have a few 1/48 WWI planes in my collection).

Bob

Hallo Bob,

Nice to read you here.Please, stay with us longer and enjoy.:D

Thanks folks!

Charles, I live in P'town. The IPMS and Dragon DX08 show will be at the Convention center. I think tomorrow midnight is the deadline for signing up for the DX08 as a "conventioneer", but they'll have a daily entrance fee for those that don't sign up as a "conventioneer". The $80 for the DX08 includes 2 figures (Omar Bradley and a jeep driver) at no additional charge and the opportunity to get first dibs on a couple of items (Bradley's 1/6 scale jeep for one!!!). Here's the link:

http://www.dxpo.com/dx/08/news.asp

I've never been to one but from what all the old hands say there's a lot to see and get at these shows. Plus with the IPMS there'll be plenty of displays and vendors to look over.

Right now I'm trying to build a 1/6 (or so) FW-190 A8 cockpit. The framework is easy but finding all the small gauges and other instruments may take some leg work or turn them on my mini-lathe. The TA-152 I'm getting is the plane Willi Reschke flew at the end of the war. Dragon will also have a 1/6 figure of him that can be pre-ordered and picked up at the show (also on the link).

Bob

Hi Bob:

Was in Portsmouth last night. Visit a friend in Churchland quite often.
Maybe the next time NAS Norva or Oceana have an air show, we can
hook up. Cheers and enjoy the place....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back