Help ! Can't 'open' pictures.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IE may just not be able to display them. In school we were taught about different issues like that, though I don't recall that being mentioned. That may be because virtually nobody (in my field of graphic/web design anyway) uses .bmp and almost everything is .png or .jpg. Older versions of IE can't display .png either. I recommend using either Firefox or Safari, and yes, despite it being Mac's browser, there is a version of Safari for PC.

I use IE8 and Windows XP and I can't see the .bmp pictures either.
  • The only way around this with IE8 that I have found is to right click on the picture to get the properties of that picture.
  • Open another tab or window and paste the address (URL) of the picture that you found in the properties of that picture into the browser line.
  • When you do you will get a message asking you if you want to save or open the picture like you do when you download a file.
  • Click open and you will see the picture.
At the moment this is the only forum where I can't see pictures that are using the .bmp extension.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back