Help ! Can't 'open' pictures.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the ones not showing are probably .bmp - I still can't figure out how to get past that.

IE may just not be able to display them. In school we were taught about different issues like that, though I don't recall that being mentioned. That may be because virtually nobody (in my field of graphic/web design anyway) uses .bmp and almost everything is .png or .jpg. Older versions of IE can't display .png either. I recommend using either Firefox or Safari, and yes, despite it being Mac's browser, there is a version of Safari for PC.

I use IE8 and Windows XP and I can't see the .bmp pictures either.
  • The only way around this with IE8 that I have found is to right click on the picture to get the properties of that picture.
  • Open another tab or window and paste the address (URL) of the picture that you found in the properties of that picture into the browser line.
  • When you do you will get a message asking you if you want to save or open the picture like you do when you download a file.
  • Click open and you will see the picture.
At the moment this is the only forum where I can't see pictures that are using the .bmp extension.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back