Help needed- does anyone live close to San Diego, California?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alien (I hope you don't live in AZ with that nickname...:lol:)
Roman,

Wonderful, you are really lucky to be around people that Im sure can tell you stories that some of us can only imagine. Give your friend my honest respect. BTW, I will send you some more pics from Rosecrans in case you need them for a publication; they depict a more general view of the place. Also I took photos from the memorial dedicated to the brave men of the USS. Wassp which I will be sharing with the forum soon.

One more question: I seem to remember a post where you state you know Lt. Sweep Vejtasa? He is one of my heroes!

Regards.
Hello Juan Carlos,
yep, you can send me more pics from Rosecrans, I´ll appreciate them.
As for Stanley Swede Vejtasa- he sent me some pics pretty soon after I got in touch with his daughter http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation-videos/sbd-against-a6m3-story-stanley-vejtasa-10846-3.html but since that time no answer from him or his daughter...

Just as announced, I want to share these with the forum. I took them while visiting William a couple of weeks ago. The first portraits a memorial for the brave men of the USS, WASP lost in Guadacanal, the second is a memorial to the Ommaney Bay. The last one is a panoramic of the graveyard overlooking the San Diego Bay (Nice place for an eternal rest)

Regards.

Attachments

• Wasp memorial.jpg
    Wasp memorial.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 35
  • ommaney Bay.jpg
    ommaney Bay.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Panoramic.jpg
    Panoramic.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread