Help on siggy picture downloading needed

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
3,586
108
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Location
Zlin, Czech Republic
Website
www.leteckabitvakarpaty.cz
Hello to all!
I wanted to download a picture as a siggy picture but it failed even after resizing...
Who´s able to help me?
Many thx in advance!
Pic attached.
 

Attachments

  • Willi,Joe&me.jpg
    Willi,Joe&me.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 303
Roman........AWESOME pic. The man on the left is Willy Reschke, right? Yes, I know I didn't spell his name right. Who is the gentleman seated next to him?
 
Put this in your siggy text: Starting with
(leave out the ')
'http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/errors-problems/65236d1214333634-help-siggy-picture-downloading-needed-willi-joe-me.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Willi,Joe&me.jpg
    Willi,Joe&me.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 345
Put this in your siggy text: Starting with
(leave out the ')
'http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/errors-problems/65236d1214333634-help-siggy-picture-downloading-needed-willi-joe-me.jpg

Many thanks Marcel!
Will try to do it tomorrow, my wife´s yelling at me to shut the PC off:lol:
 
Roman........AWESOME pic. The man on the left is Willy Reschke, right? Yes, I know I didn't spell his name right. Who is the gentleman seated next to him?

Hello Thor,

yep. that´s Willi, more about him perhabs here:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/willi-reschke-s-g-august-29th-1944-a-9055.html and here Warbird Photo Album - Willi Reschke
the other gentleman is Joe Owsianik, btw mentioned in my siggy, more perhabs here:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

If you have a time, here´s a story of Joe´s last flight:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/b-17-s-took-beating-11209-2.html , go to the page 2,3, 4 and 5.
Willi shot down one of 7 B-17 from 2nd BG, 20thSqdn that on August 29, 1944...who knows, maybe Joe´s machine...
 
Put this in your siggy text: Starting with
(leave out the ')
'http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/errors-problems/65236d1214333634-help-siggy-picture-downloading-needed-willi-joe-me.jpg

Marcel,
I tried to put there this link:
65236.jpg
,but the result was INVALID FILE...
Then I downloaded the downsized pic you sent and put it there, but it failed again...
Strange...
Maybe here is the problem:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
 
Marcel,
I tried to put there this link:
65236.jpg
,but the result was INVALID FILE...
Then I downloaded the downsized pic you sent and put it there, but it failed again...
Strange...
Maybe here is the problem:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Nope, the restriction is only when uploading a pic in your siggy. When linking something, you should be able to put in larger pics, like mine. Let me try:
 
As you can see, it works out quite nicely
 
Marcel,

really don´t know what I´m doing wrong. After copying and pasting the url addres of my siggy pic it says invalid file, after copying and pasting the url address of your or Thor´s pic it says remote file is too large...:cry:
 
Ahoj Romku

Try to this one,please.Is it working or not?
 

Attachments

  • Roman1.jpg
    Roman1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 273
Roman, I resized alittle and made alittle siggy. Hope you like or you can toss away. maybe Wurger can finish it off. :)
 

Attachments

  • roman2.jpg
    roman2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 302
Thank you guys!
I tried to copy and paste the url address of both pics you sent me but it still says INVALID URL...
Really don´t know...
Njaco, where did you take the 20th SQDN emblem and the photo of the commemoration in my town from? 2ndBG web sites?
 
Ahoj Romku,

As Njaco said I have finished the siggy off.Here you are two variants of your siggy.

As far as the URL address is concerned.Where do you try to paste this one?
I mean the place in your Edit Signature window.

Anyway read this note carefully, please and try to follow the instruction.I hope it will help you.:D

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...-sig-avatar-test-thread-continued-795-47.html
 

Attachments

  • Romek3.gif
    Romek3.gif
    62.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Romek4.gif
    Romek4.gif
    61.6 KB · Views: 225
I know, I know..... :lol:
That's very kind of you Chris Thank you very much, for your nice words.:D :D :D
 
Ahoj Wojtek,

many thx but I´m still unsuccesful, don´t know what I´m doing wrong.
Check out the pics please...
 

Attachments

  • siggy_beginning_res.JPG
    siggy_beginning_res.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 226
  • siggy_end_res.JPG
    siggy_end_res.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 220
  • siggy_result-res.JPG
    siggy_result-res.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 232
Copy the
text into your sig wherever you like it (on the part where you have written Roman....My country and it will work (at least should).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back