Here you go, Lanc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
Here is a shot I took in 1987 of the Lancaster from the Imperial War Musuem. It was taken at the RAF Lakenheath Airshow.

Attachments

• lanccrop.jpg
    lanccrop.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,488
Yes, I took that one. I have been a photo buff for years and particularly like shooting airplanes (I know SHOCK!) :) I have albums full of stuff like that and have been in the process of scanning them all. The best part is you can crop shots and adjust the colors, etc. The original prints I got from that roll were developed poorly and it looked like just a dark blob. Once I did a little tweaking with midtones, out popped a decent photo.

I plan on next year upgrading to a digital SLR (Canon Rebel). Look out here oncce I have done that! :)

XH558?? they're restoring it to flight status again, they give it allot of coverage in Flypast, and i've made my contribution, i bought an inflatable vulcan from their fund rasing stall at culdrose airshow :lol:.................

I'll have to look at the fuselage code, if there is one. It's been awhile since I have looked at them. I will find them and post them in the off-topic area. They don't really belong in WWII aviation pictures.

Alright, this one time, I will break the rules and post the Vulcan pics. Yes, Lanc, it is XH-558. These were taken in either 1986 or 1987. It has been awhile so they were either at RAF Mildenhall Air Fete or at Lakenheath's open house. Most likely it was Air Fete though. Enjoy 'em guys. I have probably 50 or so more, but these are what I have scanned that look good, so far. I assume you don't want to see the crummy ones! ;)

I figure since I am already breaking the rules, I would through in a shot of the Tornado as well.

Attachments

• vulcan1987-6crop.jpg
    vulcan1987-6crop.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,367
  • vulcan1987-5crop.jpg
    vulcan1987-5crop.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • vulcan1987-2crop.jpg
    vulcan1987-2crop.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,362
  • tornado-1986crop.jpg
    tornado-1986crop.jpg