Heros among us

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
We're all familiar with the vaunted warrior hero but what about the everyday hero?

Bravery does not always wear a uniform...

Rescue operation at Utah mine turns deadly

Three rescue workers were killed and six others injured Thursday night during an apparent "underground seismic bump" while attempting to reach six miners trapped since an August 6 mine collapse, according to state and hospital officials.

Rescue operation at Utah mine turns deadly - CNN.com

:salute: :salute: :salute:

All miners accept an inherent risk. Some miners are products of their environment - pressured by social and family bonds into their predestined careers. Others are after a quick buck but I truly respect their challenges. What about the rest of us? My keyboard offers little danger while they are constantly challenged by planet earth.

Holy Moly!... What about the Hero's that go after the trapped? In my mind, they are almost equal to the Normandy liberators.

We're all familiar with the vaunted warrior hero but what about the everyday hero?

Bravery does not always wear a uniform...

Well put Comisos

Some times the guys and gals who risk life and limb sometimes just ordinary members of the public on the spur of the moment don't even get a mention in the local news paper.
:salute:

Interesting choice of words, Aussie. I don't think any hero is "Common". To me, a hero is defined as an ordinary man who does some extraordinary in a dangerous situation. It can be anyone, from a soldier, to a civilian who pulls someone from a burning car, at great risk to themself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back