Hi from The War shop!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is a very good tour in Bastogne. I took it back in the mid 90s one time and then I took it again as part of an NCO course I was taking.

Thanks Maglar! I'm pretty sure that B-25 was at the Chino Airshow this year as well. I have video of it taxiing and doing a flyby on my YouTube Channel.

Are you a gamer? Did you ever play MOH Airborne? My wife won't let me get a console. I am sad.

I went also in the mid 80's with the then Ltc John Abrams. He flew over the tank platoon Ldr that was on point for his father's tank Bn that broke through to the 101st. I wish I could remember his name. We also talked with German soldiers from the battle and along local civilians.

DBII

Yup, huge gamer. Played all the MOH's and COD's. Your wife should let you get a console! Ain't nothing wrong with it..

wheelsup_cavu,

I've driven by the March Museum, but never got to stop in. : ( They have two B-29's I think, that I saw from the highway. Have you been? Is it worth the trip from Santa Monica? I wish I was closer to Chino. I would go there every day.

Maglar,

I played all the COD and a couple of the MOH for the Mac from years ago before the graphics got REALLY good. But they don't release games for Mac that often : (
Is MOH Airborne as good as it looks? Please tell me it's terrible and that I shouldn't get a PS3 because I would never leave my living room, except to go to Chino every now and then (wink).

Didn't know that March had a B-17 too. With some history no less. So, yep, worth the trip. Next time heading to Chino I will drop by. Maybe we car pool? Thanks for the link! I actually have that link to that museum in my "Museums" section on The War shop but I think they have updated it since last time I looked.

March recently changed their link.
Your old one probably doesn't work anymore.
Here is their new one.
PHP:
http://www.marchfield.org/

I posted some pictures from my trip to March in this thread.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/personal-gallery/march-field-museum-pics-riverside-ca-18479.html

Syscom posted these:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/march-afb-museum-12537.html

Here is the wikipedia page for March.
March Field Air Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Use the coordinates and Bing maps birds eye view and you can get a pretty good look at what is there to be seen on the outside.
There are some pretty nice exhibits inside the museum too.

I thought it was worth the trip.

Wheels

Well MOH airborne was fun and all, but it's campaign is very short and the online is 6 vs 6, very bad. But call of duty world at war is worth it and many other games. It's a great investment... 8)

Are you a gamer? Did you ever play MOH Airborne? My wife won't let me get a console. I am sad.

Consoles are waaaaaaaaay overrated. PC gaming is where the fun's at! MOH:A isn't bad. Its worth playing, but I wouldn't break the bank trying to get it. The COD series, IMHAOIO, is much better.

I was so disappointed I couldn't make it to the Museum in Luxembourg on my Battle of the Bulge Tour. It's all so close, just ran out of time. Gives me a good reason to go back to Europe. Great video! Makes me feel like I was sorta there.

Thanks for the links Wheels! I'll check it out the next time I go to Planes Of Fame.
After you get there you might wish you hadn't made it a side trip.
I spent over 4 hours there the last time I went.
If you go there first and don't like it for some reason PoF is not too far out of the way to catch on your way home.
When I was there they had a outdoor tram tour, I think they only do them on Sat and Sun.
It cost $3.00 dollars but it was given by a WW II B-29 Pilot. I think he flew bombers in Korea too.
It was worth it to me because of the stories he was telling not the tram tour itself.
Most of that information you could get off of the placards in front of the planes.

Wheels

Consoles are waaaaaaaaay overrated. PC gaming is where the fun's at! MOH:A isn't bad. Its worth playing, but I wouldn't break the bank trying to get it. The COD series, IMHAOIO, is much better.
I'm with RA here...consoles get way too much hype. Plus with a console, you're stuck with what they give you. With many PC games, you have options for expansion, mods and so on...

Yes, but when you're stuck with a console game devs use its engine and build it off of that. PC games make their own engines and constantly have consumers paying $$ out the wazeebo to keep up with their never ending boundaries. Atleast on my PS3 I know I will be able to run every game I purchase smooth and efficiently and not having to change my settings based on my graphics card and RAM. But some console devs blow, but its on the consumer to know what they're buying outside of hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back