Hi from The War shop!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I just started a new online resource for WWII enthusiasts called The War shop. We are trying to do our part to keep WWII history alive through model building and sharing information. We are just getting started and have a modest selection of model kits and books. Some of the things on the site include a Modelers Blog where topics are discussed from current builds to techniques to reference. There is also a Travelers Blog, links to museums all around the world, model photo gallery and YouTube Channel. We will have the capability for Netflix users to browse and watch WWII movies on our site as well. If you get a chance, pay us a visit at

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
While your site looks really cool, it seems that your site is mostly set up to sell items. We do not allow links to such sites without prior approval from the admin/moderating team. We do this for several reasons:

1. We are a non profit site. We will not make any money from your site, so why should you make money from our site?

2. It is to protect the members of our site.

If you wish to advertise your site, then please contact one our moderators or administrators for permission.

Thanks!

Doubt it, that was the sole purpose of the thread. To place one post with a link to their site.

The site was a store where you could buy models and military books. While it is cool and does go along with our site, he still should have asked for permission from the site admin or moderators before posting the link. It is not like we are picking on him either, that is the rules we use with everyone.

Dear members,

I must apologize for the message regarding the introduction to The War shop. It was not my intent to intrude with marketing spam. While The War shop IS an online store for modelers, it is also a community like this one to help keep WWII history alive and educate younger generations. Please accept our apology. We would very much like to be part of your community.

Daniel

A 2 post wonder, yayyy!

Gettin tired of these slacks.....

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome! Sorry, I was away at the Planes of Fame Air Museum in California (planesoffame.org). They are restoring a B-17 there and I drop in from time to time to see the progress. I am currently working on the 1/72 Italeri C-47 Skytrain. I was in Normandy last year and saw the C-47 that that model was based on at the Airborne Museum in Sainte-Mère-Eglise. I decided to do the British version instead with the D-Day invasion stripes. I am working on a diorama that depicts the plane emergency landed in the Normandy countryside. I also work on a lot of armor builds. I belong to AMPS in Southern California. A lot of aircraft guys attend as well from IMPS. They are both great clubs! I have a Flickr Group online that people can post photos to. If you would like to visit or even post some of your work there- Flickr: The War shop Photo Gallery Hope that is ok. Thanks guys. Cheers!

I see that Maglar has a photo of the B-17 "Fuddy Duddy". That plane used to fly over my house when I lived in Redondo Beach, CA. I could always tell it was the B-17 by the distinct sound of those engines. Still don't know why it was in my area at the time. The Wings of Freedom tour passed through this year and I was able to hitch a ride on the "Nine O Nine" thanks to Hunter Chaney at The Collings Foundation (The Collings Foundation - Preserving Living Aviation History for Future Generations). I was able to take some pretty great video if you would like to see it. It's on my YouTube Channel along with a bunch of video shot at Air Shows and Air Museums.

I will start posting more often. I'll try not to be a slacker. I have a lot to share with everyone.

I will start posting in the discussion topics areas.

I wanted to go back this year for the 65th Anniversary, but was already in France/Begium in March, so had to miss it. I took a Battle of the Bulge Tour while there. It was amaaaaaazing! Toured with Henri Mignon, a survivor of the German occupation of his hometown of Houffalize in the 40s. He was a wealth of knowledge. Went to The French Resistance Museum near Thones in the French Alps too. Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back