History according to random people... (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I know this subject has come up in the past over various topics, but sometimes you have to just stop and say "what the...?"

This day and age, with social media and interactive news sites, there is always public input on everything from raising kittens to the space program. Often times, the comments are so far out there, it's entertaining, yet frightening.

I just got finished reading a "sponsored" page on facebook (typical clickbait for ad revenue) about "15 top secret Nazi projects" which was total crap...the comments however, were quite entertaining and needed to be shared!

The following is just a small portion of that:

"Bryce and the nukes are actually correct they were trying to develop a few in the Atlantic ocean near Antarctica but the facility was destroyed by heavy bombers and fighter aircraft alike...but we as Americans developed the first working a Nuclear bomb and was successfully dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombs name was little man and fat boy but we got the idea from captured Nazi scientists that were at nuclear facilities like Albert Einstein he was a German scientist before the war went to America and was drafted to create the Manhattan Project that was the code name for the nuclear bombs...so please prove me that im wrong...i bet you cant"

"Matt There is concrete evidence of Nazi attempts to create nuclear weapons and they were extremely close to doing it. Our own version was only slightly less volatile. Which is why before hitting Japan we had to finish assembling the warhead IN FLIGHT.

Marc Errr...no. That didn't happen. Enola Gay flew with nothing but a standard flight crew with special instructions. Thats it. Check your history, my friend.

Marc Matt You seriously think they were putting together the finishing touches on one of the first atomic bombs, to (hopefully) end WWII, while in flight on a jumpy, giant old school bomber to drop the f**kin' thing?

Dennis Actually, the history is that the black powder charge was assembled in flight and the final safeties removed after crossing the coast of Japan. There was a concern on what would happen if the plane crashed on takeoff and that the electronics could trigger from Japanese radars.

Luke You people really have no idea what the f**k you are even talking about."

"John The E-100 heavy tank was almost completed during the end of the war, 300mm of armor, and its chassis is the same in we see on the m1a2 Abrams

Ronald John It took 300,000 man hours just to produce one Tiger. Of course a lot of it was slave labor.
Wonder how many hours it would to make one 100 ton pill box.

Mason German tanks, however, weren't well armored and didn't have that powerful of an armament. The best tank of the era would have to be the Russian T-34, its armor being angled, so rounds were more likely to deal glancing blows than any actual damage."

"Kip the nazis did come up with jets by end of war i do believe and a lot of american pilots were stunned by their speed. and by the way germany never would have dropped an atomic bomb on america. russia for sure.

Ruben Don't forget about the Messerschmitt ME-262, the first jet fighter ever created, this is the jet that Kip Reilly is referring to...

Daniel It was the first combat ready jet fighter produced. Actually many of the world powers at the time had jets, but chose not to use them because they haven't figured out how to reliably make jet engines.

In fact the 262 often melted its own engines and crash not because it was shot down but because it had no thrust.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, it's just not common knowledge so I wanted to throw it out there.

Michael the Nazis never had jets you f**ckwits... Whittle made the first jet and the rest of the world played catch up"

There was quite an international cross-section going on, including the one from the UK that stated that the "Nazis never had jets..."

But out of all of the comments, my absolute favorite, which was about the most factual of all, was this:
"Luke You people really have no idea what the f**k you are even talking about."

:lol:

I bet they all found every word they wrote at some web site or other :)
It's a downside to having a free internet, anyone can post whatever crap they want to, but in the end it's a price worth paying.
Cheers
Steve

There was quite an international cross-section going on, including the one from the UK that stated that the "Nazis never had jets..."

But out of all of the comments, my absolute favorite, which was about the most factual of all, was this:

That REALLY sums it up....just a little bit of actual common sense goes a long way...

Never fear Dave, we have our fair share of F**kwitts over here !

Yep - just look at The Houses of Parliament ................ oh dear, did I really say that !?!!
You had to go there, didn't you? :lol:

Truth be told, ALL politicians should be put in a room for a group photo.

"Ok people, sit still, smile and wait for the flash..."

Brest_Fortress_FlammpanzerIII-2.jpg

and these are the minds that will determine who goes into office and shapes the policies of nations....guess its time to dig up my survivalist books.....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back