History according to random people...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The problem is the emphasis on safety means that the culling that would normally occur in nature isn't happening. Thus maladaptive behavior doesn't have the usual detrimental effects, and as a consequence the prevelance of the stupid gene in a given population is kept artificially high.

The problem is the emphasis on safety means that the culling that would normally occur in nature isn't happening. Thus maladaptive behavior doesn't have the usual detrimental effects, and as a consequence the prevelance of the stupid gene in a given population is kept artificially high.
The only reason they're alive is because of the it's against the law to kill them hypothesis?

I just wanted to get that line in. I think Greg was talking along the lines of a society with warnings about not drinking battery acid and the like.

I came in as honorable mention one year. Got my sleeve caught trying to grease the inside bearings on my machine while it was running. The gears devoured the sleeve from cuff to elbow, and if the key on the drive shaft hadn't failed they would be calling me "Ol' One Arm".

Isn't this true then?

wid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTY4MyJ9XV19.jpg

This clickable gem keeps circulating around Facebook and is ridiculously misleading:
"The USS Nevada was the only military ship to make it out of Pearl Harbor intact, so experts couldn't ever figure out why it suddenly sank in 1948. New evidence from the ocean floor, however, is finally putting the puzzle to rest."

Some of the comments on the post are even worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back