Hitler skull is that of a woman

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
US archaeologist Nick Bellantoni found fragments from the skull believed to be Hitler's were too thin to be from a male, and suspected it was the remains of a much younger woman, The Sun reports.

"The bone seemed very thin - male bone tends to be more robust. It corresponds to a woman between the ages of 20 and 40," Dr Bellantoni said.

DNA tests performed in a US laboratory confirmed the remains could not have belonged to the Nazi leader.

The discovery casts doubt on the exact circumstances of Hitler's death and could force history books to be rewritten.

Original accounts of Hitler's death said he shot himself in the head in a bunker after taking a cyanide tablet on April 30, 1945 as the Russian army attacked Berlin.

His remains, along with those of his wife Eva Braun, were taken from the bunker, doused in petrol and set ablaze.

A year later, skull fragments were dug up by Russian forces which seemed to confirm Hitler had shot himself in the bunker.

In 1970, the KGB cremated Hitler's remains except for the skull fragment.

Dr Bellantoni was sceptical about the theory the skull fragments belong to Eva Braun, who was with Hitler in the bunker where he supposedly died.

"There is no report of Eva Braun having shot herself or having been shot afterwards. It could be anyone. Many people were killed around the bunker area," he said.

DNA test shows Hitler skull is that of a woman | News.com.au Top stories | News.com.au

I have been watching a TV show on this, haven't finished it but it's explaining the different things that could've happened to Hitler. I think he shot himself though.

well... he had one testicle. maybe the hormones that stimulate thicker skulls in males were absent in Hitler.

He only had one testicle.. well, that sucks.
B-17-I think I've seen the same documentary (or something close to it). At the end, it said that there were only one or two bone fragments left of Hitler. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I believe that was the case.
Well, it's been sixty-plus years since his death, so we may never actually know what happened to his remains (can't really cry over it, though. He doesn't deserve a proper grave).

Read "The last days of Hitler" by Hugh Trevor- Roper. As an intelligence officer in 1945, he investigated Hitler's death in the bunker. It is probably the definitive account of those last few days. He went on to become an emminent historian but fell for the Hitler diaries hoax. He wasn't the only one,just the most well known.
Alternatively watch the film "Downfall" which pretty much follows Roper's script.
Steve

Hitler was so afraid of having his corpse desecrated that I'm willing to believe that he may have had his body successfully hidden after he committed suicide...the "documentary" suggests that Hitler may have eluded capture, but i think that he probably offed himself. :tongue2:

In the early 1970's my grandmother used to get the tabloids magazines.
Star and something else and it seemed that a story about how Hitler escaped to South America was one of the more common headlines.

I think he died in 1945 and didn't go into hiding because I don't believe his personality would have allowed him to remain anonymous.

Wheels

I think he was too much of a megalomaniac to stay hidden and keep the secret. It would have surfaced eventually.

He would have came forward 20 years later just to say "Ha, Ha... I lived... now hang me you swine."

I wonder if he would have liked Hogans Heroes?

I think he was too much of a megalomaniac to stay hidden and keep the secret. It would have surfaced eventually.

He would have came forward 20 years later just to say "Ha, Ha... I lived... now hang me you swine."

I wonder if he would have liked Hogans Heroes?

Ya, really doubtful...His health was really bad twords the end. He had to take these really powerful "vitamin shots" just to keep going. Some say they where essentially "speed balls", a mix of opiates amphetamines...this was another factor that may have contributed to his increasing "bizarre choices" as time went on. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back