Hobby Craft Bf-109G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Picked this one up on E Bay a while ago and thought I would tackle it while waiting for the canopy masks for my SM-79 to arrive.

The kit went together very nicely, fit was excellent.

Biggest issue was with the instruction sheet. As there were optional pieces and parts due to more than one version being able to be built the instruction sheet was not clear enough to assist in knowing which pieces go where.

Other than that I had fun and now that the masks for the 79 have arrived I will be heading back to my Italian beauty.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

I know the colours may not be correct but I like it the way she is and it looks nice sitting on the shelf.

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 206
Not too bad. However if it was going to be a kite of the JG7, the camo should have been of different layout with wavy demarcation line at the leading edges of the wings. But the HobbyBoss offer could be for another Yellow 20 but not for the one I saw her pic somewhere. Anyway a nice effort. :thumbright:

Very nice indeed. Love the late war Luftwaffe camo colours.
Hobbycraft kits get an undeserved bad rep imho.
Their Bf 109 collection is really not that bad and build up well. But like you pointed out, their instructions leave lots to be desired...
Also the fact that they combine a lot of marks of the 109 in their boxings, makes the extra parts you get a bit unclear as to know what is to be used and what not. (good reference material helps a lot) Though the extra parts mostly end up in the spares box. (nice bonus)

I build a few of their 109's a long time ago, still standing proud in my modelling cabinet.
The fact they are not expensive makes them good candidates for some experimentation.

I have a G-6 of theirs that I'm trying to convert to a G-12 trainer (using some Falcon vacu parts and some Hasegawa leftovers...)

Real nice Jeff. I like The Hobbycraft 109s. Very basic, easy to build and look real nice when finished. I have a 109C and Avia S-199 I'm itching to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back