Homemade modeling: Tools, accessories and ingenuity. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I first started work in 1977 some of the old guys could tell you the temperature of steel by looking at it as accurately as the pyrometers (disappearing filament) of the time. Coded welders have an uncanny ability to tell the temperature of steel between 50 and 150C just with their hands.

Rubber bands?
The blue ones from asperaguss!
Hello Bill, I am very happy to greet you and wish you well as well as your loved ones.

I can't find a translation to the word "asperaguss", or to the sense that the whole sentence means.
Would you help me to continue perfecting my English…:bookworm::shock:

Te mando un fuerte abrazo amigo.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Hi LC,

IMHO Bill has meant blue rubber bands used for the bunches of asparagus ( un puñad/manojo/mazo de espárragos ).

asperaguss = espárragos

s5.jpg

Hola a todos

You always learn something new, and it all adds up for me developing English,...the good, the bad, the funny...and most interesting: the "murky and dark" :evil4:

Saludos :thumbup:
Some background of "and Bob's your Uncle". What is the origin of Bobs your uncle?
In 1887, British Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil appointed his nephew Arthur James Balfour as Minister for Ireland. The phrase 'Bob's your uncle' was coined when Arthur referred to the Prime Minister as 'Uncle Bob'. Apparently, it's very simple to become a minister when Bob's your uncle!

Google translate?????
Bob es tu tío". ¿Cuál es el origen de Bobs tu tío?
En 1887, el primer ministro británico, Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, nombró a su sobrino Arthur James Balfour como ministro de Irlanda. La frase "Bob es tu tío" se acuñó cuando Arthur se refirió al primer ministro como "tío Bob". ¡Aparentemente, es muy simple convertirse en ministro cuando Bob es tu tío!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back