How Many Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines.......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reminds me of where I was stationed in Iraq. There was so much brass that a full colonel had nothing better to do than do seatbelt checks on passing vehicles. One day, I saw one of our LTs trudging back from the "pleasure dome", the nickname for the ops center. As I passed, I snapped my best parade salute. He was so thrilled that someone had saluted him, he actually thanked me.
US Army, USAR. 20 years, CW2, EW tech.

When and where were you in Iraq?

IMG_4807.PNG

X XBe02Drvr
What is there disagree about my post? Are you disagreeing that I was a 60 CE?

Someone rated one of mine as bad spelling as well yesterday. I could not figure out why, but your explanation above makes sense.
:lol:
Viewing on a "kindle" the ratings occupy about a third of the screen width on the right hand side, as a right hander it is very easy to catch and it has scrolled off before you notice.

What is there disagree about my post? Are you disagreeing that I was a 60 CE?
Negatory, man, I honor your service. I served too. Fat finger and small screen, probably stroked a little too heavy while scrolling. My apologies. Glad I was out of flying before "Atari stick" fly-by-wire took over. With my heavy hands, I would have been all over the sky.
Wes

Negatory, man, I honor your service. I served too. Fat finger and small screen, probably stroked a little too heavy while scrolling. My apologies. Glad I was out of flying before "Atari stick" fly-by-wire took over. With my heavy hands, I would have been all over the sky.
Wes

Yeah I figured that out...:D

No need to apologize. My apologies to you for not figuring it out sooner.

When and where were you in Iraq?
2003-2004 - Landed in Kuwait 21 April 2003, moved out to some nameless base camp a few days later. (The night some clown fragged his leaders over in the 101st.) Back in Camp Doha the night the sea skimmer hit (almost) the mall. Back to base camp until the 513th MI Bde pulled out. Then cooled my heels in Camp Doha until sent north to do doc exploitation with ISG until 29 Feb 2004 (Leap Day!) Back home around mid-March.
357 days boots on ground.

2003-2004 - Landed in Kuwait 21 April 2003, moved out to some nameless base camp a few days later. (The night some clown fragged his leaders over in the 101st.) Back in Camp Doha the night the sea skimmer hit (almost) the mall. Back to base camp until the 513th MI Bde pulled out. Then cooled my heels in Camp Doha until sent north to do doc exploitation with ISG until 29 Feb 2004 (Leap Day!) Back home around mid-March.
357 days boots on ground.

Spent 14 months (2 in Kuwait, 12 in Iraq) for OIF 2. Was based out of Speicher in Tikrit, but flew pretty much all over the damn country. Almost daily to Baghdad, Kirkuk, Balad, Mosul, Najaf, etc.

I'll play along.

USAF 1987-2013

'87-'96 C-141 Crew Chief
'96-2013 KC-10 Flying Crew Chief, Flightline Expeditor, Flightline Production Superintendent, Flight Chief and First Sergeant

Participated in actions in or deployed for: Honduras, Panama, Haiti, El Salvador, Bolivia, Desert Shield/Storm, Operation Southern Watch/Northern Watch, Enduring Freedom (October 2001-May 2002), Iraqi Freedom (March-May 2003), Bosnia and Kosovo.

US Army 1977-1986 first as enlisted Cryptologic-Voice Intercept, the last 5 as a Huey Driver (Medievac)

U.S. Army/ Army National Guard for last 21 years 7 months. Master Army Aviator currently flying UH-60 Blackhawks. Also rated in the UH-1 Huey, OH-58 Kiowa, AH-1 Cobra, and AH-64 Apache.
That's a job that requires serious skill (possibly more than some fixed wing aviators).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back