Army JROTC Cadet!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I started out in JROTC. BS will be better for you than JROTC. My nephew is an Eagle Scout. Basic in the Corps was easy for him. THe only 2 people that did not complain about the physical demands was him and another Eagle Scout. They were pushed harded during there scout training.

DBII

I know that he took at lease two 50 mile hikes with packs in the BS. The force marches in the Corps were much shorter. He hike up Mt Fuji when his father was stationed in Japan. He was bored with most of basic. Other than map reading and first aid, I do not think that I pick up much from my time in JROTC.

Gary was in from Cub untill he graduated from HS. He went on at lease two 50 mile hikes with backpacks. While in Japan, he climbed Mt Fuji. He went on numerous camping trips and survial training courses. He was also in JROTC. Being an Eagle Scout will benefit him the rest of his life. No one ever cares if he was in JROTC. He said that he along with another Eagle Scout was the only ones did not not complain about how rough Marine Boot was. Gary is one his 2nd tour. He is an MP and just rotated to HI. Do not ask me how he has manage to avoid the war but he has.

I agree that boot can difficult but a person's attitude can make a big difference. Since both his parents are from a military family, he could never admit that it hard for him. Most of it is mind games anyway. I know several Rangers that said basic was harder for them than ranger school. There heads were not on straight during basic. I think that Gary had been through so much that he knew what the game was.

I know that he took at lease two 50 mile hikes with packs in the BS. The force marches in the Corps were much shorter. He hike up Mt Fuji when his father was stationed in Japan. He was bored with most of basic. Other than map reading and first aid, I do not think that I pick up much from my time in JROTC.

In the BS were they carrying over 100lbs of gear???

Exactly mkloby. That was pretty much my point. I was in BS and it did not prepare me at all for going into combat or anything. BS was a great experience but it is not the military and does not prepare you for the military or prepared me for being sent to Iraq.

What DBII is describing in his son, is his sons attitude and direction when going into Basic Training...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back