Air-Cadets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
look i don't know if this is the spot but anyway... i want to know how many people here were or are currently in Air-Cadets my-self is i am currently a Leading-Cadet from 106sqn, 1 wing Australia. So any of you all out there that are in Army, Navy or Air-force cadets speak up

Yeah....
I was a cadet....119 Sqd ( UK ) way back in 1966 to 68
Did a lot of gliding and powered ( Chipmunks ) and spent a lot of time at RAF Finningley when they had the Vulcan bomber

Hi.
I was an Adult Warrant Officer from 1965 to 1992. I was with the Lincolnshire Wing at 2292 (Market Rasen) Squadron. They even gave me The Cadet Forces Long Service Medal and bar. Sadly it was stolen along with my GSM (Malaya) medal and my company presentation gold watch while I was living in Wold View at Rothwell in Lincolnshire. I am still into Aviation, I work one day a week at the Dumfries and Galloway Aviation museum. As an aside, I help my wife, breeding miniature poodles.

Ken

Haha! A fellow cadet eh Scooter?!

I'm currently a Leading Cadet from 409SQN, 4 Wing
Based at RAAF base East Sale.
What activties do you get up to over there?
We've got a survival biv in November then hoping to get on JNCO's in January.
Are you guys offered the Red Bull Air Race trip in Nov?

Hey scoots.

I was a sergeant in the AIRTC in 19 and 17 Flights in Brisbane. B129573 still remember my number! Did lots of bivs and made it to advanced. Loved it then finished school and went all bad for a bit.:evil: Annoyed that army cadets got to shoot guns but went for flight in Chinook and Black Hawk.

buk buk bagerk......Chook

Haha! A fellow cadet eh Scooter?!

I'm currently a Leading Cadet from 409SQN, 4 Wing
Based at RAAF base East Sale.
What activties do you get up to over there?
We've got a survival biv in November then hoping to get on JNCO's in January.
Are you guys offered the Red Bull Air Race trip in Nov?

hey man

nope we get none of those sorts of things, and also we got a survival biv soon and I'm also going on my JNCO course in January seeming i missed out on it earlier this year, but our airshow last year we had the RAAF flying roulette's come up and do some aerobatics it was pretty cool

haha sounds good.
You know the roulettes are based at our base??
Make a hell of a noise when they scream over at 1000 ft haha
Those and King Airs.

So where is the mighty 106SQN based??

Its great cause on cadet camps etc if we do really well (e.i- get dux), we get a flight in one!!!
They always practice over our school to we get 'free airshows' about 3-4 times a week!

Mareeba?

My uncle part owns a Nanchang based there.

Know someone called Marcus Kube?
Thats the place with Mike Spauldings rare P-40 being restored isn't it?

Geez, that'd get be hot in the middle of summer in your DPCU's!

Mareeba?

My uncle part owns a Nanchang based there.

Know someone called Marcus Kube?
Thats the place with Mike Spauldings rare P-40 being restored isn't it?

Geez, that'd get be hot in the middle of summer in your DPCU's!

nope dont know him yet, that P-40 is fully restored and also it does get pretty dam hot in 'em

I was in the 1855 Royton Sqd Air Cadets in the late 60s, out side we had a gate guardian, a Spitfire that we use to climb into, it was wired upto a link trainer, and when you moved the stick, the crab would move across the map, it was a full original spitfire, and they took it away for filming the "Battle of Britain" Film, they appeased us by replacing it with a Meteor NF15, the Meteor is still there to this day, they also have a Provost and a Venom now, I remember we were the only Air Cadets in teh UK to have our own Motorbike Display Team, I never managed to get on that, but I was lead trumpeter with the Squadron Band, I tried the Sea Cadets, but didnt like it, I tried the Army Cadets, and ended up in the Cadets parent Regiment, 1st Royal Tank Regiment, later I joind the Parachute Reg, now at the age of 54 its all a distant memory.
Regards
tankie

First post here, so this is as good a place as any to start. I was in the Air Training Corps from around 1966 until about '70 or so (it was so long ago, who can remember exactly?) and like Crashgate 3 I did a fair bit of gliding (RAF Debden) and AEF (Air Experience Flights) in Chipmunks from Oxford. In fact somewhere around here I still have my old ATC logbook with my flying "hours" (more like minutes) in it.

I was in 282 Squadron in East London and it must have had a good effect on me as I enlisted in the RAF in '72.

Now living in Virginia and still love the aircraft of WW2 and earlier which is why I registered here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back