Civil Air Patrol Cadet!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P38 Pilot

Tech Sergeant
Jun 19, 2005
Auburn,Alabama; USA
Hi guys,

Im proud to say that Im going to sign up for CAP this summer as a cadet. Having the chance to fly in Blackhawks, C-130s, etc, is something too tough for me to pass up.

Im also going to become an Army JROTC cadet this year in 9th grade.

P38 Pilot said:
Hi guys,

Im proud to say that Im going to sign up for CAP this summer as a cadet. Having the chance to fly in Blackhawks, C-130s, etc, is something too tough for me to pass up.

Im also going to become an Army JROTC cadet this year in 9th grade.
OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Thanks Alder. For the rest of you: Some of you were in the military! Why are discrediting me for joining or at least wanting to do something and keep my Patriotism!

Les, you may THINK im a meatball, but im far from it. Im tough, athlectic and hell if im a wuss! So you just keep saying what you want because I know you are wrong.

They are not discrediting you for joining. They are discrediting you for being a f*cknut. You're ranting about how amazing you are going to be, and how you'll lead your men into battle. That's just bullsh*t , even I know that ..simply from the stories of the Gulf from my dad. People like you , who are the macho "I'm so ready for combat" type are the first to cry and winge when you get sent to the real combat zone.

These lads are telling you ... you may think you know what's going to happen, but you don't. Don't get too excited about it all until you're there, then you'll know what you're going through. Listen to these lads, they've been like you, they've said it all, they've heard it said, they've jumped on meatballs twice your size and three times your age for being the same type of person... You don't know **** 'til you've been through it, that's what they're saying.

Well said, D. The point is that you say you can handle what comes your way. You don't even know what's coming. And until you stand over someone you just shot and killed, you have NO idea. When you see helos come in over a refugee camp and blow away a bunch of women and kids just because of where they are from, there ain't no way you are prepared for it. When one of your best buds dies in your arms and you watch him helplessly slip into death knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do, you aren't ready for that either.

THAT is what I am saying. You THINK you are ready, but you are helplessly naive, and could come into a big shock one day. Nothing will prepare you for what you will see, hear, smell and taste on the fields of fire. They train you for what to do and how to stay alive, but there is nothing they can do to prepare you for the horrors of combat.

I am not discrediting you for you patriotism, but in my experience the guys like you that dont know what they are talking about but talk what if like you do are the first ones in combat that I saw piss in the pants and cry for mommy.

What I am saying is learn before you think of what you are going to do. You dont know what you are talking about.

P38 Pilot,

If you're going to end up in the mob, you have to dump everything you think you know, and go with what you're trained and taught to do. All of us here with military experience have all seen the FNG come in like he knows everything, and them watch him go down in newbie flames. Take the advice or not, but it is true.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, in the military likes the brand new guy to walk in with the knowitall attitude. We use an Airman adjuster for that...

Bullockracing said:
P38 Pilot,

If you're going to end up in the mob, you have to dump everything you think you know, and go with what you're trained and taught to do. All of us here with military experience have all seen the FNG come in like he knows everything, and them watch him go down in newbie flames. Take the advice or not, but it is true.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, in the military likes the brand new guy to walk in with the knowitall attitude. We use an Airman adjuster for that...

LOL that reminds me of something.

My Flight Company was deactivated about a month ago so all us Crewchiefs and Pilots had to go to another company. Well either way there is this new guy in there company who has been in the Army for like 2 weeks out of his training, anyhow when I walked in the door to my new office he looks at me and says "Yes Newbies that I can pick on!" :lol: I could only laugh! In the end all I could tell him was, when he gets 656 combat flight hours like myself he can come and talk to me again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back