Army JROTC Cadet! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P38 Pilot

Tech Sergeant
Jun 19, 2005
Auburn,Alabama; USA
Well guys, Im officially a cadet in Army JROTC program.8) I know if your in JROTC your not in the military, JROTC has a lot to do with the military anyway. Discipline, ranking system, etc.

Right now I am a Private. Just a new recruit. I will be joining the Drill team because I like to have a challenge. Ill post pics of me in my uniforms. When I get the chance.

P38 Pilot said:
Well guys, Im officially a cadet in Army JROTC program.8) I know if your in JROTC your not in the military, JROTC has a lot to do with the military anyway. Discipline, ranking system, etc.

Right now I am a Private. Just a new recruit. I will be joining the Drill team because I like to have a challenge. Ill post pics of me in my uniforms. When I get the chance.

Congrats Kid. Well done P-38 stick with it.

Thanks guys! Ill defintely stick with it. And of course listen to my senior officers.

My two "teachers" are a Major and a Sgt. Major. My Major was with the Army Rangers in a helicopter battalion, while my Sgt. Major served 22 years with Nuclear and chemical warfare. Alot of the stuff he did is classified...

Good for u -38... Have u ever been in Webeloes or The Boy Scouts??? I would seriously recommend trying either one as well... I think ur old enough to be a Scout now, and the lessons u have the possibility of learning there will make a HUGE difference in how u act and react in the field...

Im a previous Life Scout from Troop 888, Suffolk County Council, Shinecock Lodge Order of The Arrow....

Almost became a scout years ago. But JROTC has gotten better. They give us more discipline, respect, and honor. We'll be doing a lot a drill training, rifle shooting, PT, and learning about U.S History and even more on the Military.

Yea but the Scouts takes u out into the field, camping and competing in Wilderness surroundings, someting JROTC wont give u....

If u really want to be an Officer in the Army, The Boy Scouts will be a tremendous benefit... Trust me...

Just to prove a point, the last platoon I deployed with to Haiti were ALL previous Boy Scouts, including 2 Eagle Scouts...

lesofprimus said:
Yea but the Scouts takes u out into the field, camping and competing in Wilderness surroundings, someting JROTC wont give u....

If u really want to be an Officer in the Army, The Boy Scouts will be a tremendous benefit... Trust me...

Just to prove a point, the last platoon I deployed with to Haiti were ALL previous Boy Scouts, including 2 Eagle Scouts...
Awesome. Boy Scouts is really a good program. But to day it has become more commerical and sales than what you have described. I have friends in Boy Scouts and they do more selling than camping, etc.

MY "Division" will be going on a full weekend camping trip this spring. We will not be supplied with tents or anything else except for MREs. We have to bring what we feel we should need.

Also, there is a summer camp that gives you a feeling of Basic Taining exercises are like, formations, shooting, grappeling off walls, everything.

I havent joined Boy Scouts because it has gotten way to pricey and more of a business than anything else. The Department of Defence funds for everything in JROTC. In fact, will even be going to Fort Benning, Georgia alot to experiance training.

Like my Sgt. Major said, "This isnt all fun and games. We require discipline, respect for others, and dedication..."

Yes sir!

Today we learned how to stand at attention, face forward, left, and right. We also learned how to properly salute. Tommorow we will learn how to march separately then in a formation. I fully assembled my uniform today but I need to get my pants hemmed so I probably will not be able to get you guys photos until Wednesday when I wear uniform to school.

Oh and I am with Tiger Battalion, Alpha Squad. We dont use numbers, instead we use the mascot.

FLYBOYJ said:
Congrats 38.....Drink plenty of water and keep your feet dry.....

Those 2 things are probably the two things that you remember, if you forget everything else. If you don't keep your feet dry, and well taken care of, they will give you a lot of trouble. Believe me, I have a chronic condition called Pitted Keratolysis that recurs every now and again, although it is not supposed to. Mine was caused by having only one pair of boots during my first NATO exercise. I wore that same pair of boots for 12 hours a day in a chem warfare suit with the rubber overboots for 10 straight days. Lesson learned very quickly when I discovered after those 10 days that my feet looked like they were about to rot off. Get at least 2 pair of boots and alternate them so that the first pair can dry completely while you wear another.

History: The patient with pitted keratolysis may complain of malodor, hyperhidrosis, sliminess, and, occasionally, soreness or itching associated with the pits; however, the pits normally are asymptomatic. The etiology of the tenderness in symptomatic cases of pitted keratolysis is unknown. In addition to pits, erythematous to violaceous macules to plaquelike lesions may be present. In military personnel, whose long-term occlusive boot wearing exacerbates disease, lesions often become denuded, leading to foot pain and disability.

Wear wool socks, not cotton, as the wool will wick the moisture away from your skin. If going in the field, make sure you put on clean socks at least once per day, moreso if you have excessive sweating or have had your feet and boot submerges in water.

As being a medic was one of my secondary duties in the field, I saw more problems with feet in the field. Sometimes a hygiene lesson was in order, sometimes more foot powder, sometimes they had to be med-evac'd out. I learned the foot lesson before my medic training unfortunately, but it did help to reinforce the learning of proper foot care.

Take care of your feet, and they will help you get out of deep trouble quickly. If your feet become a problem, you become a liablility to your squad.

evangilder said:
Those 2 things are probably the two things that you remember, if you forget everything else. If you don't keep your feet dry, and well taken care of, they will give you a lot of trouble. Believe me, I have a chronic condition called Pitted Keratolysis that recurs every now and again, although it is not supposed to. Mine was caused by having only one pair of boots during my first NATO exercise. I wore that same pair of boots for 12 hours a day in a chem warfare suit with the rubber overboots for 10 straight days. Lesson learned very quickly when I discovered after those 10 days that my feet looked like they were about to rot off. Get at least 2 pair of boots and alternate them so that the first pair can dry completely while you wear another.
Thanks for the advice Evan. We will be required to wear boots on certain days this year. I will definitley remember what you said...

evangilder said:
Wear wool socks, not cotton, as the wool will wick the moisture away from your skin. If going in the field, make sure you put on clean socks at least once per day, moreso if you have excessive sweating or have had your feet and boot submerges in water.

As being a medic was one of my secondary duties in the field, I saw more problems with feet in the field. Sometimes a hygiene lesson was in order, sometimes more foot powder, sometimes they had to be med-evac'd out. I learned the foot lesson before my medic training unfortunately, but it did help to reinforce the learning of proper foot care.

Take care of your feet, and they will help you get out of deep trouble quickly. If your feet become a problem, you become a liablility to your squad.

I will also wear wool socks. I will take care of my feet at all costs. Thanks again.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Congrats P-38, you will have a good time. I remember my JROTC days really enjoyed it.

I commanded the exhebition drill team and went to the European Championships.

Wow! I think im going to join Drill Team. Especially all the competions we'll be doing in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennesee. By the way, what rank were you? Ill have a chance of becoming a Cadet PFC if I can run the mile in less than 8 minutes, 38 seconds. (Which of course I will...:) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back