Army JROTC Cadet!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

High and tight - explanation-Guide.info - for information, definition, meaning, reference - free encyclopedia, glossary of terms

Gig line

Uniform2.jpg

Whoa. Think hight and tight made be a little over what I want as a haircut. Im just going to get it thinned and banes cut away. Weve got a cadet who has a hight and tight haircut and he looks wierd in it.

Actually he's a long way from coming Cadet commander. Not bragging or anything, but my Cadet Commander and a lot of the staff officers have already told me Ill get up there real fast. By the way, I got promoted to Cadet Corporal. Only 6 LET 1s were promoted to corporal and I was one of them.

I have 3 ribbons so far and If im best dressed one more time Ill get a Personel Appearance ribbon.

Alder, Im not saying that its funny or anything. I just dont like it. There are other ways of cutting your hair you know. The hight and tight wouldn't look good on me.

P38 Pilot said:
Alder, Im not saying that its funny or anything. I just dont like it. There are other ways of cutting your hair you know. The hight and tight wouldn't look good on me.

What kind of haircut do you think you will have in Basic Training? After they shave it all off except fo a bit on the top, that is all you are allowed to have is a high and tight. They dont let you shave your head during training all the way anymore because too many soldiers were getting sun burned on the top of there head and missing training.

Your serious? Didnt think about getting sunburned on the head... Well I just want to keep it short but not cut off. Time will come when I have to get a hight and tight.

P38 Pilot said:
Your serious? Didnt think about getting sunburned on the head... Well I just want to keep it short but not cut off. Time will come when I have to get a hight and tight.

In the marines we all had sunburnt grapes... remember the cover sunburn where the top of your head is white... those bring back some good memories!

In the Army are you allowed to have your hair touch your ears?

P38 - just to help you out... it's "high and tight" not "hight and tight"

Funny, they pretty much shaved our heads for our first haircuts at Lackland. Since we wore cover most of the time outdoors, I didn;t get a sunburned head, but the top of my ears blistered so bad it wasn't funny/ I kid you not, the blisters on the top of my ears were the size of my thumb! My DI saw that and send the CQ down to the PX to get sunscreen. "Damn Irish kids" is what he said. I didn;t have the heart to tell him I have more Scottish blood than Irish! ;)

The first hair cut at Basic Training pretty much shaves it all off except for like a half a mm of hair on the top just eneogh to make you think you have some hair but dont...

In the Army we are not allowed to have our hair touch our ears or our shirt collars.

Navy was the same way Eric.... They took all our hair off... It was funny watchin some of the geeks cryin about losin their hair....

As for the way haircuts are treated in the SEAL Community, if on deployment, it grows all the way out.. Order of the day was no haircuts... If we were back in Little Creek, just the standard cut, NO taper.... Cant touch the ears like Chris said...

We laxed a bit too when we were in the desert and people would grow there hair out a bit because it is just too damn hard to maintain it out there in the desert.

I shaved mine off completely in the desert so I did not have to deal with it. Plus when I did grow it out, it was so nasty because of sweat and not being able to wash my hair on a daily basis so I just shaved it off.

I've been a cadet for 3 years. I am now a C/1LT and doing great. So listen to your officers and you will advance in the program like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back