How much does the everyday stuff cost at your place?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you guys want to try and buy food for a hotel !

the margins i am told to make have not changed in years yet the cost of food i am buying for work has doubled in some cases !

cant even look for knew suppliers as it is all controlled by head office, changed suppliers last june and prices went up but our area manager has been on a lot of holidays of late, wonder who is paying for them ???

Curious how the potatoes are expensive in the US?
The new crop potatoes cost here from 0.8 - 1.3 euro/kg when they 'arrive' (twice a year for domestic ones, we have new crop potatoes from Cyprus and Egypt for better part of the year). The 'mature' potatoes are kinda 0.20 - 0.30 €/kg.

Fresh fish costs from 3 to 10 €/kg at fish markets along the coast. Sure enough, you can buy fancy stuff for 15 €/kg.
Got a 10lb.bag, (that's 4.5 kilos) of Idahos finest spuds today for $3.98,(3.05 euro).

Yeah, potatoes are cheap here. 'Course besides Idaho and Kalifornia, Washington state is a major potato producer. Then again, potatoes suck this time of year.

...regarding cheese (my favorite food group)...
It is one of the most important food groups, right up there next to the Captain Crunch food group!

We have great cheese producers here in California, but nothing compares to Tillimook Extra Sharp Cheddar. It's usually more expensive, but always worth the price!

It is one of the most important food groups, right up there next to the Captain Crunch food group!

We have great cheese producers here in California, but nothing compares to Tillimook Extra Sharp Cheddar. It's usually more expensive, but always worth the price!

'Cheddar Cheese' is a quintessentially English cheese.
Cheddar cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone must have sneaked the receipt across the Atlantic when we weren't looking...:lol:

You know you would think that here in the bountiful pacific northwest that seafood would be dirt cheap. Not so. Frigging expensive.

You'll doubtlessly find that you are buying seafood from anyway other than the sea by California Matt.
Such is the madness of food in 2013.

Do you go fishing yourself? Cheapest way to eat well.

'Cheddar Cheese' is a quintessentially English cheese.
Cheddar cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone must have sneaked the receipt across the Atlantic when we weren't looking...:lol:

Hear hear! Cheddar (the real sharp stuff not the yellow foreign rubber) is the default cheese. Did you know there are twice as many varieties of cheese in Britain as there are in France? Now I want a rarebit with crumbly white Cheshire cheese and a dab of Marmite.

Hear hear! Cheddar (the real sharp stuff not the yellow foreign rubber) is the default cheese. Did you know there are twice as many varieties of cheese in Britain as there are in France? Now I want a rarebit with crumbly white Cheshire cheese and a dab of Marmite.

Cheese is our forte. The French are getting the idea but, need to practice.

Our colonial pals have a bit of catching up to do...American cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even the Canadians are a bit confused...Help a Canadian out..what on Earth is "American cheese"? - Cheese - Chowhound

Are you back in Plymouth any time soon?

Cheers
John

H*ck! Filling up the fridge and freezer here, cost more than what this country have in debt! :lol: Keep hearing more and more about under the table dealings, when it comes to gas and electricity prices....

Cheddar is great (at least the Tillamook kind), however there are so many more better types of cheese out there.

I am a Cheeseophile, and I love Cheddar, but I would rather eat good sharp cheeses such as Appenzeller or Scharfer Max. The French make amazing cheeses as well. You just have to get the real stuff, and not that crappy mass produced ****.

Minced beef - per pound: 24,95 DKK. (4.36 USD )

Minced beef bacon - two pounds: 33,28 DKK. (5.81 USD )

Roastbeef - per pound: 55 DKK. (9.61 USD )

One whole fresh chicken: 39 DKK. (6.81 USD )

One pound of salmon/cod/plaice: 50 DKK.(8.73 USD ) Now you know why I like to go fishing. ;)

4 pounds of potatoes: 15 DKK. (2.62 USD)

2 pounds of tomatoes: 18 DKK (3.14 USD )

2 boxes of Quaker cereal: 48 DKK. (8.38 USD )

1 pound of dried pasta screws: 5 DKK. (0.87 USD )

1 pound of cornflakes: 31,95 DKK. (5.58 USD)

250 grams organic butter: 24,95 DKK. (4.36 USD )

3-pack Tulip bacon: 40,45 DKK (7.06 USD )

1 liter of 2% milk: 11,95 DKK (2.08 USD )

1 liter of my personal favourite milk: Gyrup Gårdmælk (Gyrup Farm Milk, that's basically milk straight from the cow, non-standardized): 16.95 DKK (2.96 USD )

400 grams Gevalia organic coffee: (My fave) 48,74 DKK (8.51 USD )

20 Marlboro 100s: 43,00 DKK (7.51 USD )

Haircut - low-priced hairdresser every two months: 275 DKK. (48 USD )

1 liter of 95 octane gasoline, unleaded: 12,20 DKK (2.13 USD ) That's 8.05 USD per gallon.

Most of this - apart from the gasoline and the cigarettes - is on sale, with normal prices being a bit higher.

Last edited:
$1.42 a liter of gas in vancouver i wanted to buy a pot roast the other day but the price was around $20.00 for a kilo and a half of meat ... cheese $8.99 for 600 grams bananas are 57 cents a pound..... $2.99 for a 12 pack of kaiser buns cooked chicken is $8.79 (whole small size) $3.49 for a 2 kilo bag of apples pork chops are $9.99 for 6 pork chops ice cream 6.99 for a 4 liter ... the gas kills us here cuz of the taxes on top of the other taxes the govt takes 58% of the gas prices here

Waited in a long line at the deli counter at the local "Best Yet" super market to get Oven Gold Chicken @ $5.99/lb. I think a roticeri chicken was 5.99 or 6.99. Box of Kashi Good Friends 5 and change IIRC. Sometimes they (another super market) give away gallons of milk for free as a promotion. Fuel Oil for house = $4.299/gallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back