How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When i take the German Price for a litre Premium a Gallon would cost me 8,80 US Dollar, so Prices over there are real cheap.

I am very fortunate that I do not have to pay the German prices, but I also can only buy gas at ESSO stations. Anywhere else I have to pay the German price and would pay about $8 to $9 dollars a gallon as well.

Took a weekend trip down south to Arkansas. In southern Illinois paid $3.93 per gallon 87 octane. In southern Mo. paid $3.76 per gallon and crossed the line into Arkansas where the price shot up to $3.92 per gallon in just 22 miles. Makes no sense

It's finally started to come down. It's been $3.87 all week, but yesterday it was $3.83. I expect it to drop quite a bit more, now that the speculators
have been warned.

Charles

Really dropping here, filled on Monday at $4.15 per gallon. Today Wens 5/18 it had dropped to $3.99 per gallon 87 octane. Going to wait until this evening to fill maybe it will drop again

Three stations, two in Joliet across the street from each other, one is $4.11 per gallon and the second is $4.18 per gallon. About 8 miles down the road stations are selling for $3.99 per gallon 87 octane. Makes no sense at all

Premium is going for $4.44 a gallon right now.

Before anyone asks why I am tanking up Premium, I don't have the option. We only three types of gas available to us. Diesel, Premium and E-10. I refuse to put E-10 in my Jeep because they have found that it actually damages all cars because of the water buildup in the engine.

Premium is going for $4.44 a gallon right now.

Before anyone asks why I am tanking up Premium, I don't have the option. We only three types of gas available to us. Diesel, Premium and E-10. I refuse to put E-10 in my Jeep because they have found that it actually damages all cars because of the water buildup in the engine.

Chris I work in the automotive aftermarket and have for 30yrs now.It goes that for every 1% of E-10 you lose 2% of your fuel econmy.Now the deal about the water is all correct if 10yrs ago you said I be selling more F/pumps than Alt/Starters I said you are crazy but that is what is happening.The E-10 actually attracts H2O and starts to sludge in as little as 4-6months and also E-10 has poor lubricating properties due to H2O accumalation.

Chris I work in the automotive aftermarket and have for 30yrs now.It goes that for every 1% of E-10 you lose 2% of your fuel econmy.Now the deal about the water is all correct if 10yrs ago you said I be selling more F/pumps than Alt/Starters I said you are crazy but that is what is happening.The E-10 actually attracts H2O and starts to sludge in as little as 4-6months and also E-10 has poor lubricating properties due to H2O accumalation.

Thanks for the info. I will never put that E-10 crap in my Jeep.

Gassed up yesterday because I had to at $4.43 a gallon just to find out it is going down 0.17 a gallon tonight at midnight...

Oh well at least my wife will get the cheaper rate before we head out on our weekend road trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back