How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They just lowered it to 1.33/liter just so they can jack it up in the summer. Here in Canada, they try to justify the raise by saying they have to switch from winter fuel to summer fuel and they don't have enough summer fuel so blah, blah blah. Oil company executives aren't bright enough to come out and say what everyone in the world knows, "it's summer now, you're going to travel more, so here's a price increase....enjoy my enormous profits"

Geo
They pull the same crap here...prices go up before winter sets in because of "east coast heating oil shortages" and then turn around and say "excessive summer demand" and then every time something happens overseas, it's a price increase for barious reasons. Then there is the good old stand by: prices increase because of (insert weather phenomena here). It could be a hurricane in the gulf, a tornado in the midwest or the sudden sighting of the groundhog. Anything to bend people over and stick it to them.
Our fuel prices have climbed over $4.30 a gallon here, and the latest excuse is the trouble in the Crimea. WTF does the Crimea have to do with California, seriously! They don't use our gasoline exports and we don't use Russian oil/gasoline products.

And yet California pumps, produces and exports a huge percentage of gasoline and fuel oil, our gasoline here in town being shipped up from the refineries just several hours to the south.

:xcensoredx:

Bobby - where are you living in Oz?
Rural NSW with United > $A1.53/litre for 98 octane.

About $2.17 a gallon, back to where it was in the beginning of December, before it mysteriously rose to 2.37 right before Christmas and stayed there until about a week after New Years. I live within hearing distance of the Fireworks at Disney and 5 of the 10 busiest days of the year at Orlando airport fall between a few days before Christmas to a few days after New Year. Coincidence?????

About $2.17 a gallon, back to where it was in the beginning of December, before it mysteriously rose to 2.37 right before Christmas and stayed there until about a week after New Years. I live within hearing distance of the Fireworks at Disney and 5 of the 10 busiest days of the year at Orlando airport fall between a few days before Christmas to a few days after New Year. Coincidence?????

Of course! I'm sure that none of the suppliers ever discuss prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back