How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just gassed up Premium unleaded 91 octane for $3.06 a gallon. Filled up my Jeep Grand Cherokee for $47. Been a long time since I have done that for that low of a price.

I don't put regular in my Jeep, but it is at $2.76 a gallon at the moment.

Last edited:
We're paying circa 7$ per gallon, as high as in Germany, for example. Our electricity price is also double. Average pay here is maybe 800$ monthly.
Outrageous.

Currently around $1.20 a liter regular (if you shop around as I do) or $1.25 at the normal full service stations. Our electricity costs are rising fast thanks to incompetent provincial government and "green" technology .. currently about $100.00 per month with a 5% increase on the way.

Gasoline around these parts still carries a price of about $3.69 a gallon. It still amazes me how California is a leading oil and gasoline producer and we pay some of the highest prices in the 48 states, thanks to the price gouging as****es...

As far as electricity goes, I was raised to conserve electricity. Mom would always put a lower wattage bulb in lamps, always reminding me to turn the light off when leaving the room, stop hovering in front of the fridge with the door open (you know, decide on what to grab and move along) and things along those lines. This was 40 years ago and they make this simple things of conservation sound like some modern revelation.

I still do these things and yet the electric company is telling me to "conserve" to do my share...well, I've been doing "my share" for decades as it is. If I conserve any more than I already am, I'll be reading by oil lamp.

Gasoline around these parts still carries a price of about $3.69 a gallon. It still amazes me how California is a leading oil and gasoline producer and we pay some of the highest prices in the 48 states, thanks to the price gouging as****es.

You don't think Kalifornia taxes aren't the primary driver?

$3.08/gal for commodity gas here.

Oh I know the state is killing us with thier taxes and surcharges.

Many years ago, the state intoduced a fuel blend that contained MBTE, a special blend that was designed to reduce visable pollution along with the additional surcharge for it's distribution, but was found to be extremely carcinogenic and was getting into ground water. So the state removed the MBTE additive, but left the surcharge in place. Now the only thing we get for that leftover surcharge is being bent over at the pump.

True Northern California also has to pay an additional "transport fee" imposed on the retailers because of the "geart distances" involved with delivering gasoline to the northstate.

Makes a person want to wade into the senate chamber with a big stick and just start swinging at heads until the arm goes numb...

Agreed very much, GG. The only aim of the politicians (of any level and color) is to fill their own pockets anyway.

Gasoline around these parts still carries a price of about $3.69 a gallon. It still amazes me how California is a leading oil and gasoline producer and we pay some of the highest prices in the 48 states, thanks to the price gouging as****es...

As far as electricity goes, I was raised to conserve electricity. Mom would always put a lower wattage bulb in lamps, always reminding me to turn the light off when leaving the room, stop hovering in front of the fridge with the door open (you know, decide on what to grab and move along) and things along those lines. This was 40 years ago and they make this simple things of conservation sound like some modern revelation.

I still do these things and yet the electric company is telling me to "conserve" to do my share...well, I've been doing "my share" for decades as it is. If I conserve any more than I already am, I'll be reading by oil lamp.

Same things were been told to me by my mom (born 1947, ie. was more hungry than fed until teenage), and I keep telling that to my older daughter (the younger started walking a month ago :) ). All light bulbs are of CFL (compact fluorescent lights) variety at my home. Despite expensive electricity, it's still the least expensive way to heat a home, provided one does not have access to the natural gas pipelines (I don't) and has a home on the Adriatic coast (I do :) ).

$3.08/gal for commodity gas here.

How much the state and country grab from those 3.08$ you pay for gallon anyway?

$0.56/gal tax or about an 18+% tax rate. Now my state ranks 9th highest. Kalifornia ranks 2nd highest and if I recall correctly that they also impose a general sales tax upon their gas in addition to the state and federal gas taxes. GG?

Yep Matt, the state kicks us in the 'nads with a .39 use tax, a .02 underground storage fee assesment, a 2.25% special sales tax and then we get sacked by local sales taxes (determined by county).

This is all on top of the higher cost of the "reformulated" fuel itself...

Don't cry, people. Here (and I guess in most of EU) the government grabs about 50% of the retail price; just the VAT here is 25%.

Last edited:
Yikes. And we all are about to jump up from 10% ethanol, to 15% ethanol blend. Goodbye gas mileage, goodbye fuel filters and goodbye smooth running lawn equipment. Thanks a lot gov't. Your help is immeasurable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back