How much is gas where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah it's a federal gov't mandate to impress the Greenies. Car engine electronics are not calibrated with ethanol (corn derived alcohol) and gas mileage suffers. We have "pure gas" stations nearby, but they are VERY far and few between. Older cars and lawn equipment run terribly on ethanol blended gas. If you ever have any starting problems or idle issues, sometimes simply going to pure gas will do wonders. A byproduct of burning ethanol is water. And water kills fuel filters. This is why car manufacturers put fuel filters inside the gas tank... to make it as hard and as expensive as possible for routine maintenance. :rolleyes:

Also, some fuel blends are disasterous to rubber seals and fuel lines. The now-discontinued MBTE fuel actually corroded rubber, causing a great deal of problems for owners of older vehicles.

The only workaround for that was to upgrade all the seals, gaskets and flexible lines with Viton or Neoprene.

Just had my engine rebuilt, for LPG cuz I have duel fuel, gas and petrol. I've driven 12 hours straight, and still had some petrol in the tank.

But here at home? Like Paul said, can of baked beans and a beer! Cheap.

Just took a round trip from Colorado to Florida and back for vacation,wife's 50th and visited my folks. Driving a 2013 Ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins diesel I averaged 18mpg paying a low of 3.57 in Missisippi to 4.05 in Florida.It was about 5465 miles.

Last edited:
still $3.39 a gal in the "burbs" of Pittsburgh, pa. if it drops pretty decent this winter/early spring i am going to buy a 110 - 165 gallons and save it for summer. i have a case of stabilizer that has been sitting around for 10 years...might as well put it to use.

Well, knew it was too good to last, The gods of petroleum have awoken and are much wroth.... up $0.26 in one day; $3.08 per gallon 87 octane
Tomo, re your earlier post it is ETHanol not METHanol. Methanol is wood alcohol, deadly toxic. Ethanol or drinking alcohol (least toxic alcohol)(loss of consciousness at 0.3% death at 0.4 - 0.5%)is derived from anything that ferments, in the US mostly from corn. Added to gasoline it raises the octane number making it more difficult for the gasoline to ignite plus the solvent properties scrub the fuel system of all debris whch plug the filter, disolve some rubber types (seals), contains less chemical potential energy (car has to burn more fuel for the same amount of energy) and is hydrophylic (absorbes water)

Last edited:
They just lowered it to 1.33/liter just so they can jack it up in the summer. Here in Canada, they try to justify the raise by saying they have to switch from winter fuel to summer fuel and they don't have enough summer fuel so blah, blah blah. Oil company executives aren't bright enough to come out and say what everyone in the world knows, "it's summer now, you're going to travel more, so here's a price increase....enjoy my enormous profits"

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back