How old are you? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just turned 58 on May 2nd. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself that I'm getting older and maybe I shouldn't act the way I do. Most of the other guys my age act like old men getting ready for retirement with a full bag of aches and pains and a bunch of pills to keep them going. I guess I've been lucky, I don't need any pills though I do get an allergy shot once a week so my little 8 year old can keep her cat. Most of my old injuries haven't haunted me too much. Did an ejection seat simulator ride in aircrew training back in '70 that screwed up my neck and that bugs me sometimes. Other than that I'm still steaming along. I look at it this way, there are a lot of folks that wish they could have made it to 58 so I ain't b-tchin'. Like the Fonz said "Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin' corpse.":D

Well actually I can in Australia:D

Dam straight booo yeh im gunna smash some cans tonight! My maturity i would say is generally probably around the 21 level when sober and around the 8 level when not hahah.

54 in a week. I don't seem to mind playing a more gentlemanly game of hockey now than 10-15 years ago. The train wrecks in the corners don't seem quite as appealing now as they once did. But every once in a while, just for old time's sake mind you...

42 and feel every inch of it this morning . Too many years playing as a propforward have taken their revenge , armchair athlete these days , :) .

Well actually I can in Australia:D

What´s the age limit for drinking an alcohol in Australia? Here we have 18... But often you can see newborns in age of 15,16... drinking at the discothek perhabs:evil: 2 beers, one shot and out of order for next 3 days...but police makes checks regularly and they and mainly their parents get in troubles if they catch them...and also the bar owner gotta pay something...

What´s the age limit for drinking an alcohol in Australia? Here we have 18... But often you can see newborns in age of 15,16... drinking at the discothek perhabs:evil: 2 beers, one shot and out of order for next 3 days...but police makes checks regularly and they and mainly their parents get in troubles if they catch them...and also the bar owner gotta pay something...

In Australia the legal age is 18. The popular clubs and bars are quite good at policing it, but really a fake ID or choosing a slack place can get you into most places. Most people I know and hang around with started drinking around 13,14. Id say that most countries would be the same these days.

The government in AUS is going on a massive anti-binge drinking and underage drinking campaign atm. Its all a massive waste of time if you ask me. They aren't going about it the right way and they want stop me having a few beers when I go out on Saturday night. :shock:

Like the others said its 18 over here aswell. Drinking here tends to be at bars but also at home a lot too. I started drinking heavily I guess when I was 16-17. Mind Im a well built guy so It didnt effect me all that much.

I'll be 35 in July.

As for the drinking age, in NZ it was 18 to buy from the take-out ('bottle-o' for you Aussies :) ) and 20 to drink in the pub. Girls get in alot younger of course, as it pulls in the punters, but that was risky business when I was last there.
I always preferrred home-brew myself. I could put down 22 litres of my own 12 percenter for the price of less than two pints in the pub...the pub stuff was like tap water in comparison too.

I'm 20, soon to be 21 in July. the legal drinking age here is 21. so there's a couple drinks I wanna try. like Sam Adams and Corona.

I'll be 35 in July.

As for the drinking age, in NZ it was 18 to buy from the take-out ('bottle-o' for you Aussies :) ) and 20 to drink in the pub. Girls get in alot younger of course, as it pulls in the punters, but that was risky business when I was last there.
I always preferrred home-brew myself. I could put down 22 litres of my own 12 percenter for the price of less than two pints in the pub...the pub stuff was like tap water in comparison too.

12% beer? That's beyond tripple-bock, mead and some wines. My God!! :shock:

Trebor, those are piss water. there was a thread here about the best beers. Take a stroll through the thread and then when your old enough try them.

Of course you may want to try piss beer just as a gauge for the good stuff. :)

Oh c'mon, Sam Adams isn't THAT bad. Corona, now that's another story. Mexicans should just give up and drink Tookillya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back