How would YOU fly? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The probably played a part in it as well. The P-40 was really a 'no-frills' kind of fighter and I imagine it could be turned out pretty quickly.

Crazy said:
If you had the choice to fly any plane, for any air force, in any squadron, in any theater, during any year of WWII, where/when/what would you fly?

Fw-190, for the Luftwaffe, in the II/JG 26 (I believe), Western front, 1944, D-day with Pips. :lol: (I wish... =| )

Or...

Me-109, for the Luftwaffe, II/ JG 53, Western Front, 1940, with Werner Mölders.. (I wish. =|.. again. )

Maybe..

Me-109, for the Luftwaffe, III/ JG 52, Eastern Front, 1942, with Erich Hartmann. ( Yeah.. I wish yet again. =| )

:)

Nice and easy for you in 1940, until it was the BoB. The Luftwaffe got shown up then. :lol:

That's why I chose the 475th FG. Losing 3 planes was a bad day for them. A very impressive group with a kill/loss ratio that occassionally approached 20:1.

The Jagdflieger Pips said:
Crazy said:
If you had the choice to fly any plane, for any air force, in any squadron, in any theater, during any year of WWII, where/when/what would you fly?

Fw-190, for the Luftwaffe, in the II/JG 26 (I believe), Western front, 1944, D-day with Pips. :lol: (I wish... =| )

Or...

Me-109, for the Luftwaffe, II/ JG 53, Western Front, 1940, with Werner Mölders.. (I wish. =|.. again. )

Maybe..

Me-109, for the Luftwaffe, III/ JG 52, Eastern Front, 1942, with Erich Hartmann. ( Yeah.. I wish yet again. =| )

:)

my kinda girl..............

(that's the way lads, lay it on with a trowel...........)

C-87 or C-47, wit 10th army over the Hump. So I can paint camels on the plane next to a nice picture of a pritty girl :)

Found a pic of a B-24 with lots of camels (compleated hump missions) on the nose before the plane lost to that very crazy and demanding mission profile.

The hump was run with C-47, 46, 53, ad C-87 and B-24s. They had to carry averything that an army and airforce needed for war. A C-87 had to make two trips to have the fuel for the thirsty B-29s that flew out of Western China. The mountains are the roof of the world. AS said before, the weather was horrid, the planes were heavy and if that is hard the Japanese know the routs because the planes can only fly up to 30,000 and a lot of the mountains are higher.

Lanc it is ol that you have not read about the CBI and the Hump missions, they are remembered by a few. But I hope to keep it alove for you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back