How y'all doin?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm loving my strat right now, and I've played a a few les pauls, and while I will say that the les pauls have more crunch and sustain, I will also say that I think Fender's have better tone, and can be extremely distroted or they can be silky smooth. That's a quality that the Les paul just doesn't have.

Nice set up,

I want a Mesa Boogie Dual rectofier soon. $$$ though:cry:

Lespauls are lovely just wish Gibson would lift their game on quality control, same with Fender at the moment. Customs yea sure but anything below that are hit and miss. Not good enough for what you pay.
Ibanez are probably my favourite with Gibson behind in Second and ESP coming third. Fender fourth and that will do :lol:

Yeah, Ibanez are very good and quite cheap compared to Gibson and Fender. Usually better build as well. When I bought my Gibson I imediately put on straplocks as the small knobs of Gibsen really sucked. I'm also considering to change the tuners as they ar really crap. Too bad, I would rather keep it original.
For playing comford I dislike the usually thin necks of Ibanez, I prefer the half baseball bat of the LP or Strat.
Mesa Boogy is real loud, I like it :D

I'm loving my strat right now, and I've played a a few les pauls, and while I will say that the les pauls have more crunch and sustain, I will also say that I think Fender's have better tone, and can be extremely distroted or they can be silky smooth. That's a quality that the Les paul just doesn't have.

You should love it, a strat is a good guitar. Mummy, I want one ! Gimme a strat :deathlyobsessed:

If you play well, a Les Paul can even sound silky smooth while heavily distorted. Just listen to Slash, he is the ultimate LP player. But sound is for everyone else to choose. I like the heavy sound of the LP, but I also have single coils (p90) which gives a very unique sound.

ACtually Jimmy Page or Zappa are the ultimate LP player in my book however Slash has awesome tones.

Les Paul is the guitar for fat distorted tones though. Strats are great but get a little raspy in the distortian area for metal/hardrock for me.

Blues is where its at, which is exactly why I want a strat soon with a spilt coil humbucker.

Its about the best Les Paul player,

cant say I;ve even seen Satch play one however man He'd make it howl thats for sure.

Still Hussars you have taste Satch is in my top 2 favourite players :)

But the real question is, who rocks the SG? Do I hear Tony Iommi and Angus Young?

Angus Young? Yes you do :)
Satch never plays Les Paul, it's not sophisticated enough.
Jimmy Page rules, but Les Paul himself.. Sure he created a heluve guitar, but I never cared for his music.

And speaking of LP players, Garry More is a good contender, as long as he doesn't sing :)

Theres a video of him playing in highschool... The man can tap and do pinch harmonics/pentatonics at the same time :shock:

PInch harmonics are pretty easy,

oh and pentatonics are a scale not a sound like the pinch harmonic.

Hes got some nice gear I must say.

As far as the Les Paul not being sophisticated enough for Satch I disagree as he played a String thru Ibanez with P 90s in the 90s a fair bit.

You do not acknowledge THE Metal God Tony Iommi?

Well, actually, no, never heard of him, but interested to learn more....

PInch harmonics are pretty easy,

oh and pentatonics are a scale not a sound like the pinch harmonic.

Hes got some nice gear I must say.

As far as the Les Paul not being sophisticated enough for Satch I disagree as he played a String thru Ibanez with P 90s in the 90s a fair bit.

Yeah, but I think he'll rather prefer Ibanez as he can do his string bending on the 24th frett

But he only uses a 22fret scale :lol:

He plays the 24th over the pickup which is trick Ive recently learned, pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back