How y'all doin?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cant say I've heard much of his jazz and blues.

He pioneered down tuning for his fingers but wouldnt call the creator of metal. Definitely a GOD in defining the genre.

Oh, and Iommi played all his Jazz/Blues stuff before he formed sabbath. THey used to travel as Polka Tulk and earth, among other names, and they played a fusion of jazz and blues. On their first album, there's a very obvious blues influence as well.

Yea like I said he defined the genre but even the Beatles had early Heavy Metal ideas in the late 60s with helter Skelter.

Bottom line is Iommi is a god to all that listen to him..........:D

Yeah. He's still great though. He's my favorite guitarist of all time, and what inspired me to play guitar. I still love the slow and moody stuff as opposed to uber fast. I dunno, I just think something gets lost with all that speed.

Yeah. He's still great though. He's my favorite guitarist of all time, and what inspired me to play guitar. I still love the slow and moody stuff as opposed to uber fast. I dunno, I just think something gets lost with all that speed.

Exactly, guitar playing is about emotion, not just technique. But it does help :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back