Hurricane Dennis is Bearing Down on Me......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad to hear you're alright Les, although I feel bad for the people in Pensacola, if i understand right they got hammered pretty bad...

And now the remains are going to come flying north to visit me *sigh* there's no escape

Ty again guys...... I appreciate it...
last I heard on this mornings UK radio was it had been reduced to tropical storm level.
When a Hurricane comes ashore, as it did in Pensacola, the storm loses strength... Usually, once nland, a hurricane will be down graded to a tropical storm, then a tropical depression, and then a low pressure wave...

Yep, it has been an adventure living in LA! In my 17 years here, we've had fires, earthquakes, riots, flooding and a couple of tornadoes. I'll get worried if the hordes of locusts show up! :lol:

I remember the killer wind-storms we had at Lakenheath once a year. That was the first time I saw trees snapped like twigs. Made for one hell of a cleanup job, restringing PA wires, replacing broken antennas and clearing downed trees.

It's not so bad here. The weather is great. And I have to admit, the 5.0 and below earthquakes are kind of fun.

I have to laugh about the winds reported during the hurricane. 90 mph winds! Wow! At Mojave airport we got those about 5 times a year. It is common to see winds 45 gusting to 70 mph in the winter months.

At Mojave I've seen 110 mph. Above 90 727s and DC9s were being moved if not proberly tied down! :shock:

That's all nothing, we have this natural disaster called skag-rats. It seems to happen well - all the time these days. What happens is all the scum come out at once - meet up and then there's big fights and innocent by-standers get drawn in sometimes...it's quite sad - and there's always a big clean-up operation afterwards. :rolleyes:

plan_D said:
That's all nothing, we have this natural disaster called skag-rats. It seems to happen well - all the time these days. What happens is all the scum come out at once - meet up and then there's big fights and innocent by-standers get drawn in sometimes...it's quite sad - and there's always a big clean-up operation afterwards. :rolleyes:

My god! Does this eclude soccer games! :shock: :lol:

Soccer rioting is a whole different natural disaster. It normally involves the same kind of people though.

Should get my brother into one - he's the only guy I've ever seen use brass knuckles, a slap jack, and actually throw a knife and hit somebody! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back