I need "a bit" of advice."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amen. I am living only to retire to make daily love to my wife and models in my leisure. Surely that latter is only realizable.

Only if you've had the same surgery I have, Prostate!

[SC] Arachnicus;899478 said:
Does the general rule apply for one part thinner and one part enamel?

This is where the kind of experience, called Failure comes in. If it doesn't work for you, do something different. I use a syringe to add thinner as I mix. Not one from the beach! just a big ole plastic one from the hobby shop. Actually I have two, one for Clean mfr thinner, the other for the cheap stuff for cleaning out the airbrush. Just remember to remove the needle, and make sure it is spotless before putting it back in the brush. It WILL seaze when it dries.

Good luck to the both of yous!

green 0.jpg

My first airbrushing. This was taken just after the first coat, I already put a second coat on. I had to put the props on (already painted), because this model requires you put in the props when glueing the fuselage.

Looks OK from here but the colour is pretty dark. As long as it feels satisfactory to you, that's the main thing.

For the first model plane I ever made, it's fine. It's even. When it's all done I may spray it with a clear mat to dull it a bit. I spent a lot of time masking and conservatively sprayed it to reduce any mishaps. I'll post the finished product.

When the prop has a little plate at the back that gets captured by the body halves. I will either glue in the post and drill hole in the back of the prop hub. Or, leave the post in the back of the prop hub, and leave a hole for it in the engine.

But having said that.... this is one of the lessons learned.

The paint, use light coats, let it half dry between coats. This will let it be much lighter in weight and not puddle in the flat areas. Give that a go next time.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You're on the right track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back