Ian Lanc's, Airfix 1/72nd Lancaster. Finished.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blinkin Heck ! Look at the size of the Sterling compared to the rest of the other two :shock:

The only part i hate doing is putting the black 'walkway' lines on the wings if these silver
then it it totally ruins the model.

I like looking at your threads 'Lucky13' Why you ask ! JUST LOOK AT YOUR AVATAR THAT'S WHY :oops: :love4:

I know! Better engines (Merlins) and longer wingspan and she might have been a completely different bomber....

As for the lassies, just some light entertainment from last night, the other four is dancing out of view....8)

Great looking Lancaster.
Smoke stains are very realistic.
From my point of view, only adding a little wash on the panel lines will be good. But that is just matter of taste.
This is very interesting variant of Lanc with quite heavy bomb loaded.

Best regards

Very nice! In the case of marking the walking lines on the upper surface of the wings, it is easy on 1/48th scale, I would say. But in my opinion the Airfix 1/72 Lanc is the best Lancaster kit ever and far superior in terms of overall shape, to the recent ones lereased by your ex-enemy nations (and I would like to ask WHY Airfix did not produce it in 1/48 scale) .

Keep going,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back