Ice Hockey World Championship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
The 72nd championship will be held between May 2 and May 18, 2008 in Halifax, Nova Scotia and Quebec City, Canada.
Which team´s gonna be the winner?

Canada
Finland
Russia
Sweden
United States
Slovakia
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Germany
Denmark
Belarus
Italy
Latvia
Norway
France
Slovenia

Country
Gold Medals
Silver Medals
Bronze Medals
Total Medals
Participations

Canada
39.3% 11
18% 9
14.8% 44
72.1% 61

Soviet Union
64.7% 7
20.6% 5
14.7% 34
100% 34

Sweden
12.3% 18
27.7% 14
21.5% 40
61.5% 65

Czechoslovakia
11.5% 12
23.1% 16
30.8% 34
65.4% 52

Czech Republic
33.3% 1
6.6% 3
20% 9
60% 15

United States
3.1% 9
14.1% 5
7.8% 16
25% 64

Finland
1.8% 6
10.9% 2
3.6% 9
16.4% 55

Great Britain
2.2% 2
4.4% 2
4.4% 5
11.1% 45

Russia
6.2% 1
6.2% 2
12.5% 4
25% 16

Slovakia
8.3% 1
8.3% 1
8.3% 3
25% 12

Switzerland
1.5% 8
12.3% 9
13.8% 65
Germany
6.7% 2
6.7% 4
13.3% 30

Austria
3.1% 2
3.1% 64

SWEDEN of course! But I don't think that we have that strong a team this year....maybe we'll end up third at the best...

Btw, in March 2006, few days after Sweden won the gold medals in Olymic tournament in Turin, I was in Madison Square Garden and watched the game N.Y. Rangers-Toronto. N.Y. Rangers won I think 5:2. Lundqvist was nothing but concrete wall back then. Unfortunately not the same case today...they are loosing 0:3 with Pittsburgh...
Though it was my long-time dream to watch the NHL game on my own eyes, gotta tell you that the atmospere with almost 20.000 people there was a disillusion for me...the hall full of ''so called'' fans- white collars (clerks) chatting about the dollar course and economy, eating the chips and telling WOW when someone hit someone on the ice, oh my god...yep, and 1 beer for 5 dollars, they bastards... nothing to compare to the atmosphere perhabs here in Zlin with 7.000 people attending...

Anyway, who´s your goalie for this World Championship?

Attachments

• Jersey Joe Ows USA 080.jpg
    Jersey Joe Ows USA 080.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Jersey Joe Ows USA 090.jpg
    Jersey Joe Ows USA 090.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 236
I hope naturally Canada but the in all the worlds suck as most of the big names are still playing in the Stanley Cup . Jagr, Lundquist, Malkin,Hossa , Gonchar, Zetterburg etc . Nothing can match the Stanley Cup I'm sorry to say for the Hockey Purist. The best overall tournament IMHO with the exception of the Olympics is the under 21

I hope naturally Canada but the in all the worlds suck as most of the big names are still playing in the Stanley Cup . Jagr, Lundquist, Malkin,Hossa , Gonchar, Zetterburg etc . Nothing can match the Stanley Cup I'm sorry to say for the Hockey Purist. The best overall tournament IMHO with the exception of the Olympics is the under 21

I know you´re right. This is what always ****s me. But what can we do, there are another good names in teams as Ovechkin, Elias etc...
Sorry to say PBfoot but I´d like to see also Hamrlik in our team this year. Our head coach is waiting for him. But I know what would it mean for your team...

And BTW Malkin refused to play for a Russian team this year...

Maybe the reason why the game was so so Roman was the fact that u were sittin in the nose bleed section.....

My hope for the Worlds is that Team USA gets in the Medal Round.... Thats all I can expect...

Maybe Dan, but I had no choice. A friend of mine bought tickets few days before the game for 50 dollars from some ****ing businessman though the price was 27 dollars...We left subway near to Madison Square Garden 5 minutes before the game and they offered the same tickets for 20 bucks...but who could know it...
When the game was over we wanted to join the Czech players but din´t know where there´s their favourite Czech pub. So we went into the nearest pub and had a nice evening and worse morning the other day:lol:

I know you´re right. This is what always ****s me. But what can we do, there are another good names in teams as Ovechkin, Elias etc...
Sorry to say PBfoot but I´d like to see also Hamrlik in our team this year. Our head coach is waiting for him. But I know what would it mean for your team...
Hamirlik is having a rough time of it right now he has been taking a beating . I know the hour difference makes it tough for you to see the cup games but it really is the best show in town. I think the player that the Czechs will miss the most asisde from Jagr is Tomas Plekanec . He's a sneeky little guy . Don't like him myself as he is IMHO a diver

Hamirlik is having a rough time of it right now he has been taking a beating . I know the hour difference makes it tough for you to see the cup games but it really is the best show in town. I think the player that the Czechs will miss the most asisde from Jagr is Tomas Plekanec . He's a sneeky little guy . Don't like him myself as he is IMHO a diver

Thanks for the information about Hamrlik, few days ago I met his brother in front of my house as he was there on the playground with his son. He´s still playing for our town.
Jagr wouldn´t play for our team this year neither Straka. Our head coach is waiting only for Rozsival from N.Y. Rangers.
As for Plekanec, yep, he´s one of the best young Czech players in NHL...

Montreal has a great offence but the defence is a little weak so what Boston and Philidelphia are doing is throwing the puck at the defence and then working on the defence. So Hamirlik as the 2nd best Defence on Montreal is having to move the puck quick or get hit and moving the puck quick is leading to mistakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back