ICM 1/48 Yak-9M

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great. You mean that, had there not been an extension, you would have spent less time with your family? Dude, the GB is not that important!
You are absolutely right. But the extension gave me more extra time so I could push it back. One can always spend more time with family instead of building models. ;)

Thank you friends! Unfortunately, it is now clear to me that I won't be ale to finish on time. I obviously underestimated the time required for this project. I will continue and finish it as I enjoy this model and the challenges it brings. I am close to complete it now anyway. Maybe admins can carry this thread to the start to finish section. I appreciate all the support and feedback I got from all of you.

So far, I put the propeller on, landing gear sans wheels, and tried one decal after a gloss coat. The decals turned out to be OK. I need to be more careful with carving them out and positioning them. Next, I will finish the decals and remaining small parts. Lastly, the plan is to work on weathering and details. All the best!

1662872177035.png
1662872213044.png
1662872237772.png
1662872285757.png
1662872261509.png

I'm sorry to hear that you can't finish it in time. I have moved the thread to the Start to Finish section as you suggested. You may continue it here.

Thank you all! I will continue building the model here. Today I carved the decals and applied them with Micro Set on the kit. They are not perfect but I think they pass. While working on the decals, the exhausts on the starboard loosened and fell but I fixed them later after taking the photos. Next, hopefully sometime this week, I will use some spare Aeromaster and Foxbot decals to complete them all. I plan to use the kit's original stencils as well.

1662953218476.png
1662953239232.png

Last edited:
Greetings friends! Decal work and all the parts are now done. Gloss coat over the decals, satin coat for inks, and matt coat for pencils will follow. ICM stencil were difficult but other decals worked well. Victory stars are slightly bigger than the original but I think the difference is ignorable.

1663560357700.png
1663560450815.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back