Identification of Soviet Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know the film Ghost Busters - well, not a bad one, also not a good one for me - but a true old school.

les, do you have any pics of this god? I mean, when I was in Louvre, France, they have such cool statues there, some also form that ancient times - with beards, wings and typical eyes.

plan_D said:
962 Schutzen. Do you know what Division that was in? 15th Panzer, 21st Panzer or 90th Light?

Schützen-Regiment 962 was Part of Afrika Brigade 999.The 999 Afrika Brigade was later renamed in 999 leichte Afrika Division.The Division Commanders were:
Dec 23rd 1942 to April 1st 1943 Generalleutnant Kurt Thomas (KIA)
April 2nd 1943 to May 13th 1943 Oberst Ernst-Günther Baade(Knights Cross 06/27/1942 with Oak Leave 02/22/1944 and Swords 11/16/1944)
The Schützen Regiment 962 was built up Oktober 30th 1942 at the Truppenübungsplatz Heuberg as a penal unit,the enlisted Personel of Afrika Brigade 999 was men which had Problems with Court martial, or former members of the Foreign Legion which where released from various Cocentration Camps which they were in, after beeing repatriated from the French Vichy Regime to Germany.Most of the former Legionaires in Afrika Brigade 999 rejoined the Free French Foreign Legion (13eme Demi Brigade)after the surrender of the Afrika Korps.The Officers and the NCO´s were handpicked by their first Div.Commander Generalleutnat Kurt Thomas.The 962 Schützen Regiment fought against the British at "Longstop Hill".

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back