If things were diffrent

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wilbur1

Tech Sergeant
Nov 4, 2007
Escondido,Ca
:?: What do you guys think if Manfred Von Rictofhen <i think i spelled that wrong> was in charge of the LW in ww2? He was a good pilot...but a way better stratagist, either way it was him or Bolecke just curious guys.

I was just saying if, andthats a big if, the red baron was still alive and in service at the time of ww2. And in charge of the luftwaffe

I don't think it really does matter in the end who was in charge. Against the combined forces of the USA, Commenwealth and the USSR you'll finally will loose.

I dont think you can say we will be defeated,they had at the time ,some of the worlds best combat pilots,the red baron, (sorry but it takes to long to spell out his name) could fight a trench war, ww1, but could also hold any allies in the sky. the fact that Roy Brown( i believe brought him down) is pure luck. What i am asking is.....even against superior numbers could they have pulled the victory in the sky through, skill , knowledge, and experience, with a commander like Ricthofen(aka the red baron) . he is the one who trained everybody, including half our (US) training manuels.Were writen on his flight and combat experience:)

Its not even confirmed wheather Roy Brown did "kill" the Re Baron an Australian machine gun crew also apprantly hold a claim for shooting him down. As i said before the combined forces of all the other nations would have finished Germany anyway even if with his managment he somehow managed to take Britian, But then what sort of issues would you get between Him and Hitler....

Hitler did have a lot of arguments with goering because he did nto understand the concept of Aviation playing a part in modern warfare his only military experience was in WW1 (where he did reciece the iron cross) As a runner or messenger boy. Commanders and soliders reguarded Aeroplanes at the time as novelties or usless flying contraptions and did not recignise their potential in the modern stage of combat.

You might make a comparison with Udet who was # 2 or # 3 behind Richthofen. Had he survived 1941 would give you an answer or the reason he didn't survive 1941 would too.

:lol: Very true Njaco. It just seems that a lot of the German air was mis directed,too many cheifs not enough indians.

I dont think you can say we will be defeated,they had at the time ,some of the worlds best combat pilots,the red baron, (sorry but it takes to long to spell out his name) could fight a trench war, ww1, but could also hold any allies in the sky. the fact that Roy Brown( i believe brought him down) is pure luck. What i am asking is.....even against superior numbers could they have pulled the victory in the sky through, skill , knowledge, and experience, with a commander like Ricthofen(aka the red baron) . he is the one who trained everybody, including half our (US) training manuels.Were writen on his flight and combat experience:)

I was not saying "we" (allieds) would be defeated, I said that the germans would still have lost. Manfred was a great fighter pilot and a a good tactician, but I doubt if his strategic ability would have had that much impact on the war. Germany lost because of fighting too many enemies at once, not having the industrial power of the USA. You cannot win such a war on tactics only, you can win some more battles with it, but in the end you'll lose against the manpower and industrial capacity of the rest of the world.

too many cheifs not enough indians.

or just one crazy-a** Apache chief of a tribe of Cherokees!:rolleyes:

Might be better to ask who would have had an influence on Hitler for guiding the Luftwaffe. Without his graces there was a lot of scrambling of projects and nothing cohesive.

Damn if you didnt call it right Njaco, it is so hard to say who would of done what, when, or , how. Imagine Patton leading the italians, ok thats a little scary, but you know what i mean.What i meant by this tread I (capitol I.. meaning my dumb a..)sorry, was who would be a better CIC, I also diddent realise that is this another thread. I am very sorry. I ndid not mean to take up your guys time.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back